Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: I have decided to paint it "Black"
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
drive-ability
I just had a hard time deciding what color to go with but black is the winner. I will be heading off to Washington in about a week. Its 1200 miles away and I am thinking 2 days of driving. The car run great but thats a long AS*S drive. I am going to cruse a between 70 -80 mph so send some good luck/karma my way. beerchug.gif
messix
where are you going, and when? maybe we could arrange a teener tuesday around your visit.
jim_hoyland
Black will look great thumb3d.gif
So.Cal.914
Black looks great on a teener. Have a safe drive, 1200 miles in two days hurts my back just

to think about it. Have fun.
jmmotorsports
QUOTE(drive-ability @ Sep 17 2006, 07:17 PM) *

I just had a hard time deciding what color to go with but black is the winner. I will be heading off to Washington in about a week. Its 1200 miles away and I am thinking 2 days of driving. The car run great but thats a long AS*S drive. I am going to cruse a between 70 -80 mph so send some good luck/karma my way. :beer2:

If you are going to be passing through Kelso,Wa. and need a break you are welcome to stop by. I would like to check out your car .

Rand
QUOTE(messix @ Sep 17 2006, 07:22 PM) *

where are you going, and when? maybe we could arrange a teener tuesday around your visit.

I second that. If you get anywhere near Seattle, I would sure love to meet you and your car.
beerchug.gif
effutuo101
The Ca part of your trip will be around 80mph, Or. will be good until you hit Portland, then the speed limit will be 70 until you hit Olympia, then it will be 60mph. The last 1/3 of your trip will take as long as the first 2/3rd. Drive safe and there are lots of people on the way that can help if you get into trouble.
Welcome!
Lou W
Black is gud piratenanner.gif
Elliot_Cannon
Paint it black. Black as night.
boxstr
Stop by CAMP and we will look at a few "black" cars.
CCLINBASICBLACK
drive-ability
I would love to just put it on 100 mph I get there,well it would still take 15 hours.
There a bad looking math equation Ha, I will spend a lot of time in gas stations. I really hope to get 25 mpg. I may set up the edelbrock EFI for freeway cruising. I have the system a little rich for sprinting in the city. I still don't have my speedometer up but have an idea with rpm my speeds in 4 gear. I am going to make sure I'm rested for the drive. My bud does the drive in 24 hrs straight. He's driving a new car not a 30 year old skate board. The longest I have driven at one time is for 3 hrs and its was a blast. I am going to Everett Washington, its in the north/west corner of the united states. Gary my friend moved from about 50 miles away to 1200, I thought 50 was far screwy.gif I would like to stop by and see some of you, but god knows I will have enough trouble finding my way to Everett. Having said that I would like to hang out..
flag.gif
PRS914-6
I'm painting mine black too. I spent 2 hours in the local auto mall looking at "blacks" It's amazing how many different black shades there are including metal flakes, pearls etc. I finally decided on the 2007 Mitsubishi Eclipse. It's called Kalapana Black. The Lexus line also has a nice black.
messix
QUOTE(drive-ability @ Sep 17 2006, 09:05 PM) *

I would love to just put it on 100 mph I get there,well it would still take 15 hours.
There a bad looking math equation Ha, I will spend a lot of time in gas stations. I really hope to get 25 mpg. I may set up the edelbrock EFI for freeway cruising. I have the system a little rich for sprinting in the city. I still don't have my speedometer up but have an idea with rpm my speeds in 4 gear. I am going to make sure I'm rested for the drive. My bud does the drive in 24 hrs straight. He's driving a new car not a 30 year old skate board. The longest I have driven at one time is for 3 hrs and its was a blast. I am going to Everett Washington, its in the north/west corner of the united states. Gary my friend moved from about 50 miles away to 1200, I thought 50 was far screwy.gif I would like to stop by and see some of you, but god knows I will have enough trouble finding my way to Everett. Having said that I would like to hang out..
flag.gif

i live in the everett area. dan, chris and rand and i all live right up in this area plus a bunch more. just check out our teener tuesday thread in the nailed section.
we would love to host you on a tuesday or what ever day works for you.
Bleyseng
Yep, you should attend the Teener Tuesdays events as they are fun. Mostly the North Sound guys go but a few of the "others" including me attend too.

Thank God I don't live in Everott.
drive-ability
QUOTE(messix @ Sep 17 2006, 09:44 PM) *

QUOTE(drive-ability @ Sep 17 2006, 09:05 PM) *

flag.gif

i live in the everett area. dan, chris and rand and i all live right up in this area plus a bunch more. just check out our teener tuesday thread in the nailed section.
we would love to host you on a tuesday or what ever day works for you.

Hey
My bud loves it up there in Everett, I am sure we'll have a good time. I am looking forward to the trip. I should be leaving next week, maybe the 25th. I don't know how long I'll be there but I will have a web connection.
driving.gif
drive-ability
When it comes to names I am a real bone-head, I am going to "Everson" Washington not Everett. Still a long way shocked[1].gif
messix
watch out for the cow pies! i spent summers up near there in sumas. its actually very nice country up there.[and i do mean country].
Bleyseng
the best part about Sumas is that its a short 1 hr drive to Vancouver, BC. Not alot to do in Sumas.......
ty914
Enjoy the drive...

I did Seattle to Key West...I think that is about as far as you can go in the lower 48...it took just over 3 days...and it was January in my 914.
DNHunt
Damn Ty that is some trip. How about some details. Route, weather, problems, sanity.

Dave
maf914
QUOTE(ty914 @ Sep 19 2006, 05:55 AM) *

I did Seattle to Key West...I think that is about as far as you can go in the lower 48...it took just over 3 days...and it was January in my 914.

The last long road trip I made in my 914 was also to Key West, but that is from Savannah, GA. It took 11 to 12 hours one way with required stops. smile.gif
drive-ability
Well I am leaving Orange county Ca. tomorrow morning (9-26-06) about 4-5 am. Its a 1200 plus mile trip to "EVERSON" Washington (not Everett as I said earlier). Its likely I drive until dusk and stop for the night. I will be taking the I-5 about 1200 miles, likely have to stop 1/2 dozen times for food, gas etc. I am going to keep the speed down and take my time. Wish me luck beerchug.gif
byndbad914
QUOTE(drive-ability @ Sep 25 2006, 04:34 PM) *

I am going to keep the speed down and take my time. Wish me luck beerchug.gif

so in a V8 914, keeping the speeds down is about 100mph right? biggrin.gif Have a great trip and good luck on the paint work! So is it going to be black then? (guessing since in the paint it black thread but know you had a couple other ideas)
drive-ability
QUOTE(byndbad914 @ Sep 25 2006, 04:53 PM) *

QUOTE(drive-ability @ Sep 25 2006, 04:34 PM) *

I am going to keep the speed down and take my time. Wish me luck beerchug.gif

so in a V8 914, keeping the speeds down is about 100mph right? biggrin.gif Have a great trip and good luck on the paint work! So is it going to be black then? (guessing since in the paint it black thread but know you had a couple other ideas)

I would love to run 100 mph, but that would be unlawful Ha. I am not sure about the color yet, its will just have come to me along the drive. .. chowtime.gif
Bleyseng
Everson is near Lyden so it should be farming country...

Bellingham is close so ya can get a good beer. drunk.gif
BarberDave
smilie_pokal.gif

Glad to hear of so many guy,s who really not afraid to drive there 914's. When I got mine the idea was to have it in the condition to be able to drive it anywhere in the U.S. I can!!!! BTW, Henry Ford said," The only color GOD intended a car to be was BLACK ". Can't argue with god!!! Dave slap.gif

Tryed to add pic. of my 914 ,can't figure out how to . Help
reverie
The weather gods must like you!

We're having perfect weather for the next week+. smile.gif

burnout.gif
Bleyseng
QUOTE(BarberDave @ Sep 26 2006, 02:14 AM) *

smilie_pokal.gif

Glad to hear of so many guy,s who really not afraid to drive there 914's. When I got mine the idea was to have it in the condition to be able to drive it anywhere in the U.S. I can!!!! BTW, Henry Ford said," The only color GOD intended a car to be was BLACK ". Can't argue with god!!! Dave slap.gif

Tryed to add pic. of my 914 ,can't figure out how to . Help

The pic file must be 300k or smaller. If its too big and you are running XP select the pic (don't open it) and right click the mouse. Then click on resize, pick smaller and apply. Then go to the 914BBS and hit reply, type your words, click on "Browse", find the file "Dave's914"(smaller), and open that to select it. Then hit " add this".
You can add multiple pics using the "Add this attachment" button.

Roger, you driving your 914????
Eddie914
1150 miles from Irvine, California to Gig Harbor, Washington.

If you leave at 4:00 am and average 80 mph (including stops) you will make it just in time for Teener Tuesday.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.