Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 911 Front Suspension
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
BenNC
A local 911 dismantler offered to sell me a 78 911 front end for $500. Is this a decent price or should I try to talk him down? what's fair?

He also offered to throw in the rear hubs. Can I do anything with them?

Oh and the last part of the package was a set of 5 lug Fuchs with rubber for another $400.

Thanks,

Ben

Aaron Cox
78 SC ftont end.. thats a decent price. they go for up to 800.
rear hubs... you may be able to do something with them for a six or an axle swap
5 lug fuchs for 400? depends on size and condition but thats a deal if they are real...
Chris Pincetich
agree.gif
That's totally fair, and a steal if those are some fat fuchs. More details about the struts and brake calipers, if included, are needed. I got a used front suspension and the fact that it came with calipers, and some other goodies thrown in made it a great deal...I'll recoup some $$ selling the spare calipers. beerchug.gif
BenNC
Thanks guys.

My memory says that the Fuchs are 5.5 x 14. I was actually hoping to go wider, but maybe I can save that for down the road.

I can also get some expense back out of my 4 lug Fuchs.

Just trying to figure out if its money well spent. I'm trying to get out onto the track and I really want those vented rotors.
jd74914
14 inches is kinda small. Those would be the optional Fuchs that came with /6s. I don't know if any decent rubber is made for wheels that size. Most stuff fits the 15 x 5.5
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.