Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Keys
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
bd1308
OK. I have a 914, and two keys.

one is a red key that is almost dead (ziptied together right now)

other one is a recut key that now operates all of the doors and locks (thanks to dremel and a little trimming of the wafers)

doors now lock and unlock from the outside (only unlocked before)

BUT, is it worth purchasing a whole set of cylinders and locks for the ability to have a valet key?

I do need to know where I can get the RED 914 key, and I'll also need the BLACK one, I guess I could use that for the doors.
bd1308
went to the dealer, they wanted $100 for the red blank.

I should have asked if the receptionist came with the deal.
Joe Bob
Pelican has blanks....my local key guy was able to order them and were delivered in two days....two keys cut, total $14.00.

NEVER go to the dealer......
bd1308
Yeah, learned that lesson.

Treated me like crap there.

Good thing my car leaked like a sieve, or else I would have had to go back and leave MY spot.

I didnt know PP had them, i'll just get them.

Just keep what I have, dont try to have a valet? I dunno if it works, since I sanded down those wafers.
drewvw

i just got one from pelican and had it cut with at a local hoardware store with one of the old school cutting machines. Works like a charm...
CHAFF
Check out this before and after....new key...much better!

Cheers
-L
So.Cal.914
A lock smith worth his salt should be able to cut the valet key for you but you

will have to eather pay him to or pull the cylinders yourself. Call and check first.
ejm
QUOTE(bd1308 @ Sep 18 2006, 09:47 AM) *

went to the dealer, they wanted $100 for the red blank.

dealer list on the red key is $12.09 and $11.59 for the black... last time I got dealer blanks they said porsche on them... aftermarket ones generally don't..

some dealers are real dicks sheeplove.gif
Joe Ricard
Really Britt, do you want to trust your car to a Valet?
Not me.

When I drove up to the Imperial Palace to pick up Rob the Valet reached for my door. I just kept moving fwd till he stopped chasing me.
rwjames
I purchased 2 keys for my 914 at Bluegrass Motorsport in Louisville about three years and they were only about $14.00 total. It was one valet and one regular key. I guess the price has gone up so they can pay for that new showroom.

They are at least supporting the local PCA and have sponsered a couple track days at Putnam, thus cutting the track time price by a fair amount.
tdgray
QUOTE(Joe Ricard @ Sep 19 2006, 05:20 PM) *

Really Britt, do you want to trust your car to a Valet?
Not me.

When I drove up to the Imperial Palace to pick up Rob the Valet reached for my door. I just kept moving fwd till he stopped chasing me.

I went to my bankers club to play golf a couple of weeks ago.

I got my clubs out of the trunk... the valet asks me.. would you like me to park that for you.

I guess my YEA RIGHT stare told him I was not interested biggrin.gif
bd1308
No I guess the price went to 100 bucks so he could make some easy money to take his girl somewhere.

I stepped foot in that place once, I wont do it again
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.