Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Club 914 France meeting report
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
johannes
Hi,

We had our annual meeting this week end. About 15 cars joined on this two days trip. Unfortunatelly we didn't had fine weather as you will see on the video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-OkIp7KXgS0
URY914
VERY VERY cool. clap56.gif
jonwatts
rocking nana.gif

Great video, I love the music choices.

Ferg
Excellent ! driving.gif

Ferg
SirAndy
smilie_pokal.gif i miss europe ...

cool_shades.gif Andy
Howard
Thanks for the post!
SharonG
Very cool! Nice scenery! biggrin.gif
hcdmueller
Great video! The cars look great. Too bad about the weather.
Gustl
Johannes, many thanks for this great video pray.gif

seems that it was a cool event, even when the weather wasn't that good

maybe I could participate next year ...
(I drove my teener this weekend too - at the wedding of my friend)

wavey.gif Gustl
rmital
QUOTE(jonwatts @ Sep 18 2006, 07:03 AM) *

rocking nana.gif

Great video, I love the music choices.

agree.gif

...a nice 7 minute break in my day...now I want to leave and drive... driving.gif
DEC
nice Video
Thanks for sharing

Toll

Wilco smilie_flagge6.gif
VegasRacer
Très Bon. Merci. piratenanner.gif
Gustl
QUOTE(VegasRacer @ Sep 18 2006, 10:35 PM) *

shouldn't this be "très bien" idea.gif

anyhow - I know what you wanted to express and I absolutely agree thumb3d.gif

wavey.gif Gustl
JPB
QUOTE(Gustl @ Sep 18 2006, 05:02 PM) *

QUOTE(VegasRacer @ Sep 18 2006, 10:35 PM) *

shouldn't this be "très bien" idea.gif

anyhow - I know what you wanted to express and I absolutely agree thumb3d.gif

wavey.gif Gustl

Both are cool bro! Tres bon is very good and tres bien is very well but can be used in the same kinda context being its own language glitch.

beer.gif
Gustl
thanks for explanation

my french lessons are about 15 years back rolleyes.gif

wavey.gif Gustl
VegasRacer
Ausgezeichnet. thumb3d.gif

*(Sorry about butchering your language. I figured you would know what I wanted to express. If I tried to say anything more in French, I'm afraid it might translate as sheeplove.gif )
URY914
Name the TV show that the song came from at just before the 5 minute mark. biggrin.gif

Answer below.....

Mannix beer.gif

Lou W
Thanks for sharing. beerchug.gif
So.Cal.914
QUOTE(URY914 @ Sep 18 2006, 04:27 PM) *

Name the TV show that the song came from at just before the 5 minute mark. biggrin.gif

Answer below.....

Mannix beer.gif

Your dateing yourself......And me.

Cool video Johannes.
1970 Neun vierzehn
clap56.gif Thanks so much for sharing. I really enjoy seeing 914s in a European setting. In my mind, that seems like their "natural" element.
cooltimes
Good 914 movie. Director and all involved has my vote for 914 movie of the year.
Rain didn't dampens the ramble spirit. Great looking 914's. Music was perfect for the event. That hairpin was nice with the rain slick road seen. Gotta do that one of these days.
Thanks for taking us on the cruise with you all.

Mike Cooley
So.Cal.914
QUOTE(1970 Neun vierzehn @ Sep 18 2006, 04:54 PM) *

clap56.gif Thanks so much for sharing. I really enjoy seeing 914s in a European setting. In my mind, that seems like their "natural" element.

In my mind there natural element is in a four wheel drift, but thats just me. smile.gif
KaptKaos
Great vid!

Um, but disco is dead and needs to stay that way.

Please send me one set of yellow fog lenses and a vw-porsche rear badge and all will be forgiven.

Did I say great vid?
Trevorg7
Very cool, thx for sharing.

T
johannes
Thank you for your positive comments ... smile.gif

QUOTE(KaptKaos @ Sep 18 2006, 06:46 PM) *

Great vid!
Um, but disco is dead and needs to stay that way.
Please send me one set of yellow fog lenses and a vw-porsche rear badge and all will be forgiven.
Did I say great vid?

I love disco mueba.gif and the "staying alive" you are listening in the video comes from my original 1977 LP ... as mint as my 914. smile.gif

Yes Uri ! Mannix rocks . They made the music available on CD ( played by a german band beer.gif ) http://www.amazon.com/Lalo-Schifrin/artist...8561413-5079868 Lalo Schifrin is one of the best film music composer. He also composed the amazing Bullitt ...

For those who want to know more about the "petroleum museum" there is a page in english here http://www.musee-du-petrole.com/site%20anglais/page%204.htm
Yes ! they extracted petroleum in Alsace until the 50's ...
johannes
A few pictures ...

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

johannes
More

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image
TINCAN914
QUOTE(johannes @ Sep 18 2006, 08:25 AM) *

Hi,

We had our annual meeting this week end. About 15 cars joined on this two days trip. Unfortunatelly we didn't had fine weather as you will see on the video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-OkIp7KXgS0

Johnannes,

About a 1/3 of the way through, it appears you stopped in a museum. In the video there is what looks like a wine barrel (the comera was on it for a bit) Can you tell me anything about it? My wife had one brought over from Germany a couple of months ago, and it's identical to it....

Thnx
Brian
Gustl
due to the fact that it was a "petroleum museum" I guess you're talking about the oil barrel idea.gif

wavey.gif Gustl
johannes
QUOTE(Gustl @ Sep 19 2006, 05:47 AM) *

due to the fact that it was a "petroleum museum" I guess you're talking about the oil barrel idea.gif
wavey.gif Gustl

And we have a winner !!! ... This IS the oil barrel ... 158.98 Liters .

It's similar to wine barrel. In the past, barrels were the only way to transport liquids.
Bordeau wines stay in that sort of small barrels a few month. The trend (coming from california) is to use new oak barrels to give a wood and "vanilia" taste. Wee call that "Coca cola" wines ... sweet and easy to drink... made for exportation, but not real Bordeau.
In Alsace they don't use the same technique. Most of Alsace wines are white, so small oak barrels are useless. In the past they used giant wood barels ( Foudre ) to work the wine just like they used to do in Champagne.

IPB Image

See the hole to enter in the barel to clean it. My father in law used to do this job in the past.

Now, theese have mostly been replaced with stainless steel , that is easier to clean and easier to control temperature. It has been proven that temparature control plays a main role in wine flavours.

IPB Image
Gustl
QUOTE(johannes @ Sep 19 2006, 04:24 PM) *

And we have a winner !!!

IPB ImageIPB ImageIPB Image

biggrin.gif Gustl
rickyhgarcia
Cool video....I like the look of the wide European license plates on the car.

Music is good too...914´s are definitely disco-era cars!!!
TINCAN914
QUOTE(Gustl @ Sep 19 2006, 07:47 AM) *

wavey.gif Gustl

Oh man petroleum barrels? This would explain a great deal about my inlaws.. biggrin.gif
The one I have looks identical. I was trying to figure out about how old it might be.. I know it's over 100 yrs old... Thanks, cool pictures..
fin
Very Nice!

In the spirit of International cooperation, could you find the owner of the Orange car with the racing stickers and take a close-up shot of the front fenders?

The Slant Nose look works for me. Maybe he has photos of the construction process? Maybe build a "classic" post to share with us?

OT: at a garage sale, I purchased a wooden box that was used to import White Bordeaux Wine dated 1948. I'll use it to store my vintage woodworking tools.

Merci,

Fin
johannes
QUOTE(fin @ Sep 21 2006, 07:13 AM) *

Very Nice!
In the spirit of International cooperation, could you find the owner of the Orange car with the racing stickers and take a close-up shot of the front fenders?
The Slant Nose look works for me. Maybe he has photos of the construction process? Maybe build a "classic" post to share with us?
OT: at a garage sale, I purchased a wooden box that was used to import White Bordeaux Wine dated 1948. I'll use it to store my vintage woodworking tools.
Merci,
Fin

The orange "slant nose" is owned by the club's president. It's a six. The car was severely damaged in the past and they reconstructed it this way. I can't say more because he bought the car as it was already rebuilt.

Gustl
funny additional story: a friend of mine bought this red car about 2 years ago

it's an original Austrian car with 2.7 L carbed engine, front oil cooler and 80% diff lock

he converted it to the wide body car and sold it to spain last year ...

wavey.gif Gustl
fin
Thank you gentlemen.

Always nice to see something different tastefully done. Especially a design cue from another Porsche model adapted to a 914.

Fin
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.