Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: My car is finally back!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
RS22b
74' 1.8 MFI to 2.3 Carb'd 44's.

This car i have owned since i was 13, im now 25. Way too much money has been spent on this car, just like the rest of you nuts! Have only driven it for 3 months about 6 years ago until i blew the motor. So the car sat for 4 years doin nothing until i sent it to Powertech in NJ. They fixed all my rust issues on the car and then built my 2.3 motor.

Still needs brakes (which are sitting in the garage), tires, tierods and an alignment.

here are the pics.
i love porsche
looks awesome! id love to see it in person soon
balljoint
Hmmmmmmmmmmmm. More pics please. smile.gif
RS22b
RS22b
those are actually the only 2 pics that are worth posting right now.

There is no heat or A/C in the car anymore. Yes i had factory AC in teh car.
bd1308
you mean L-Jet, and not MFI?

Whatdja do with the L-jet stuff
RS22b
pretty sure i still have it all. I also bought new injectors when i got the car running like 6 yrs ago and then killed the motor.

would you want it all?

Tell me what exactly it all consists of and i will try my best to round it all up.

_billy
Aaron Cox
only some porsche sixes had MFI... 1.8 had L jet efi....

looks killer!

CB performance tall manifolds and linkage. My favorite... and it works great.

AA
RS22b
yeah the motor is really quick. Once you hit around 1500rpm the thing ramps up. I gotta be careful with the break-in.

Should be a hoot when its ready to rock!
BMXerror
Looks great. Did you spend that whole six years saving the money to pay some to do all that? bet that wasn't a cheap job.... 2.3 liters? Demensions. Specs. PICS.
Mark D.
Mueller
bet it's fun to drive..congrats.....now you just "have" to lower the front biggrin.gif
jackmc
I was right behind you at Powertech picking up my 914. Glad to see it's back. When are we going to see it on the track?
RS22b
QUOTE(BMXerror @ Sep 19 2006, 01:10 PM) *

Looks great. Did you spend that whole six years saving the money to pay some to do all that? bet that wasn't a cheap job.... 2.3 liters? Demensions. Specs. PICS.
Mark D.

yeah, i spend all my time pretty much saving and spending on all my cars. Specs and more pics real soon i promise.

QUOTE(jackmc @ Sep 19 2006, 02:26 PM) *

I was right behind you at Powertech picking up my 914. Glad to see it's back. When are we going to see it on the track?

Thanks, your car looked awesome and it was good talking to you. It'll be on the track in the future and for the meantime i will just be enjoying the lil thing way too much on the road devil.gif
RS22b
Sorry it has taken me a bit to get you the specs on it all, but here they are.

78mm Forged crank
Forged H-beam rods
96mm Forged p & c
oversized valves
Performance lifters
Performance stroker cam
Dual 44's
deep sump
Lightened flywheel
aluminum pressure plate
matched clutch
1 and 5/8 header/muffler setup

Well i think that is all the major stuff. Not sure exactly what hp rating is yet, just bc i didnt get it dyno'd, but supposedly will get me around 150-160hp. The thing does fly!
Mark Henry
Sounds like a good mill, but I'd ditch the 009 and get a Mallory unilite and grey/grey springs.
JPB
SCHWEET light weight silver bullet bro!!

beer.gif Looks like fun.
messix
man you spent all that money when a bunch of these guys would[if you turned your back ] come out and releave you of all those suby motors for a new home in a teener! biggrin.gif
Aaron Cox
QUOTE(Mark Henry @ Sep 24 2006, 04:16 PM) *

Sounds like a good mill, but I'd ditch the 009 and get a Mallory unilite and grey/grey springs.

word agree.gif

you will feel the difference
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.