Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Mom's New Toy
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
ThinAir
My wife is a quilter. If any of you know a serious quilter, then you know what a wonderfully adictive thing it is - kind of like owning a 914!

Last night we took delivery of her long-arm quilting machine. The first time I saw one of these I thought it was like a CNC machine for quilting - just program it and let it go. Well, you can get those for about $30k, but with this one it's all done by hand. It's just a really big sewing machine.
ThinAir
Sorry for the poor quality - gonna get a new digital camera so we can take pictures of her work. After a little bit of practice she's gonna open her own business doing quilting for people.

You drive this thing by grabbing those two handles - sort of like one of the F16 video games. This sort of reminds me of her when she's doing it driving-girl.gif

BTW, this thing is 12' long and takes up at least 8' of living room the other way. It's a bit cramped, but it's fun!
Mike9142.0
I can see it now quilted 914 covers to keep them warm on that long winter nap.
Mark Henry
I'm going to show my Mommy this one!

Every bed in our house has a fabulous hand made quilt, by my 76 yr old mom. clap56.gif

I think her quilting days are slowing down, but she will love to see this cool tool.
reverie
Whew, thank goodness you still get the garage.. smile.gif
madd_dogg_914
QUOTE(Mike9142.0 @ Oct 28 2003, 08:31 PM)
I can see it now quilted 914 covers to keep them warm on that long winter nap.

OH OH How much, My baby wants one. It gets cold in the garage you know, and she isn't potty trained yet (always leaves a pool of oil on the sheets) laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

-Chris
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.