Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: SirAndy, gas pumps ???
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
914Timo
I was surfing at your site, Andy. Looks good. cool.gif

Your 914 looks good too. Especially I liked those gas pumps for front hood. wub.gif

Could you share some more information about them ?? How long they are ?? Do you know where they are from ?? Are they from BMW 300-serie. I think they have quite a short gas pumps.
ChrisReale
We call them "hood shocks" I think Craig Laughlin(Boxstr) sells them.
thesey914
Yeah, integrating the spring mounts....very clean. Hmmm that will stop my front boot (trunk) from creaking every time i open it...................... idea.gif
Brad Roberts
These are 911 lid shocks(Andy will have to tell you front or rear) I think he first brought fronts but they where too stiff. Andy needs to do something about the upper mount.. its not strong and wont last very long. The bolt is hanging out in mid air. He/I will come up with something. They work very well.

B
914Timo
Hood shocks.... oh, sorry my wrong term. I am learning all the time...... wink.gif

Thanks Brad. I look forward to see Andys reply. boldblue.gif

BTW, I have Craig Laughlins rear lid shocks kit. It is great and I am very happy with it.
SirAndy
QUOTE(914Timo @ Oct 28 2003, 11:41 PM)
Could you share some more information about them ??

simple stock 911 FRONT hood shocks ...

all i need now is a bunch of nice shiny brackets, obviously, the long screws work, but as brad mentioned, they might bend over time.

Andy
Dave_Darling
Neat idea, but it seems like a solution in search of a problem, to me...

--DD
Brad Roberts
His springs where weak and he wanted something that matched the Laughlin kit in the back.

B
SirAndy
QUOTE(Brad Roberts @ Oct 29 2003, 11:22 AM)
His springs where weak and he wanted something that matched the Laughlin kit in the back.

yepp, da springs were maxed out (adjustement wise) and the hood was barely holding at ~35 degrees.
got the trunk shocks from EASY for $5. can't really beat that. smile.gif

Andy
914Timo
Many thanks Andy. Very impressive conversion. clap56.gif pray.gif
Brad Roberts
Now if he would just get the PAINT off the upper shock mount we would be OK.

B
SirAndy
QUOTE(Brad Roberts @ Oct 29 2003, 11:33 AM)
Now if he would just get the PAINT off the upper shock mount we would be OK.

ja ja, will do. it's going to be GT and /6 style black ...

Andy
Brad Roberts
Cool. Brush on just like the factory. We will use BBQ paint.

B
madd_dogg_914
QUOTE(thesey914 @ Oct 29 2003, 01:39 AM)
....very clean. Hmmm that will stop my front boot (trunk) from creaking every time i open it...................... idea.gif

BTDT, the easy way to stop the front hood from creaking is quite simple. Pop the springs off and put a tiny dab of grease in the channel that holds it. Do this on both ends and I assure you your creaking will stop. It is not the spring creaking, it is just the metal on metal contact. Hope this helps.

-Chris
Aaron Cox
QUOTE(914Timo @ Oct 29 2003, 12:41 AM)
Especially I liked those gas pumps for front hood. wub.gif

hard to fit a gas pump in there laugh.gif . i knew what you ment...just having some fun with you....

A REAL gas pump
914Timo
Thanks Aaron. I deserved that. laugh.gif
SirAndy
pray.gif many thanks to Craig Laughlin (boxstr) ...

he sent me a few of his rear trunk shock hinges so i can test-fit them on my front-trunk shock setup.
out of the box, i can see one of the hinges might has the right shape, but the connectors are different. (911 shocks just have a round hole).

soooo, there might be some smash.gif required wink.gif
i'll let you guys know once i get to the shop,
Andy
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.