Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Pictures of Lindsey racing wheels
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
zaphod750
Does anyone have pics of Lindsey racing p2's (polished) on a 914?
zaphod750
bump....
Trekkor
Post a picture of the wheel and I will show you...

KT
p914
Post a picture and they will come
smile.gif
zaphod750
Here ya go....They are just Fuch's welded into a 17 inch rim...I was wondering more about fitment and flares than anything...
Mueller
QUOTE(zaphod750 @ Sep 20 2006, 01:55 PM) *

Here ya go....They are just Fuch's welded into a 17 inch rim...I was wondering more about fitment and flares than anything...

tons of posts about the use of GT flares and what works and does not....figure easily 8's in the front and 9's in the rear, if you do a search you'll see what others have used...

if you contact "series9" (Joe O'brian) that owns this car, I'm sure he'll share the size of the rims and tires and the spacers used and then just do the math, good chance the rims he has have a 55mm and 65mm offset (looking at his blog, they look like 2" spacers in front and back)....since the Lindseys can be custom built, you should be able to get a perfect fit without spacers

Click to view attachment
zaphod750
Hi, Thanks for the pointers..What I was planning on doing was some custom body work akin to the Kelly flares...Those look fantastic. Really, my issue is that I dont want to sink a bunch of money into the wheels and tires, and decide that my tires look like rubberbands around a rim that is way to large for a smallish car. I have seen some cars with 18x7s that look that way to some degree..I doubt that the 17x9's would have a similar appearance, but It would be cool to see them fitted up on a live car, even if the flares, etc were different..I remember seeing a pic of a black 914 here on the forum that had the Lindsey wheels on it, but it was not a full side pic...I think it was in a thread linked off of Andyrew's flare saga...any more info about that car? thanks...
Marv's3.6six
Not Lindsey and not polished but are Fuchs based HRE311 3 piece 17X8 front and 17X9 rears. biggrin.gif
campbellcj
Here ya go; pretty darn sure these were built by Lindsey. They are 17's built on Fuchs centers. This was a sweet car seen at a POC event 5 years ago. Not sure where it resides now...
LS6/914
Customers 914/8 waiting for Bill Mitchell 427 has Lindsey 17X10 with 275/40-17 Kuhmo and flare done at my place a number of years ago. I will post pics from the archives! Larry
sixnotfour
Not sure where it resides now...

Bellingham Wa. Ed C, owns it now. Dan Root has posted many pics of it.
Series9
Better picture.

17x7.5 and 17x9. Both 55et. 42mm spacers all around on 100mm studs.
boxstr
You might find some pics on their website http://www.lindseyracing.com/
They will be going on a big flared car coming to CAMP soon.
zaphod750
thanks for all the responses everyone, very helpful.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.