Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Happy birthday Joan
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
TheCabinetmaker
Hope ya feel younger after that trip in the new teen

driving-girl.gif
jarbuthnot
Thank you. I can't believe I'm that old. As I've said before, I'm still 34 inside. I felt younger when I was driving it, now if it would only come back from the mechanic so I could drive it again before winter is here.
ChrisReale
smilie_pokal.gif smilie_pokal.gif smilie_pokal.gif smilie_pokal.gif smilie_pokal.gif smilie_pokal.gif beerchug.gif beerchug.gif beerchug.gif beerchug.gif beerchug.gif beerchug.gif beerchug.gif IPB Image
Aaron Cox
happy b day! smilie_pokal.gif driving-girl.gif
Porsche Rescue
Happy Birthday. Back from the mechanic? Break it to me gently.....
jarbuthnot
QUOTE(jim9146 @ Oct 29 2003, 10:57 PM)
Back from the mechanic? Break it to me gently.....

Well, I wasn't going to tell you, after all the car is old, but anyway... On the cross country drive, a minor problem was some hesitation/hiccups in first and second gear. And sometimes in first, I stepped on the gas and nothing happened, usually when the engine was hot. So, I heeled and toed the gas and the brake and got it going (lots of fun at a stop sign with oncoming traffic).

The mechanic first said most likely a vacuum leak, ok, so he takes a look and now one of the valves needs to be replaced. He's had the car for a few weeks, think he's working on it inbetween others. Plus, while he is an excellent mechanic, and knows old VW engines very well, he hasn't had a lot of experience with 914s. So, I'm being very patient, but will bug him again tomorrow. It's not like there are a plethora of 914 mechanics around here.

He does say the car is in very good mechanical shape, it's just old and some parts are beginning to show it. But I WANT to drive it NOW!
Porsche Rescue
Very sorry to hear that it involves major surgery (valve). I hope he can get it right so you can enjoy it. The major challenge for a VW mechanic will likely be the fuel injection, not the engine or transmission. There are a number of very good web sites for fuel injection diagnosis so if he needs info. use this board to help him out. Hope it gets fixed and you get to enjoy before the snow flies.
jarbuthnot
QUOTE(jim9146 @ Oct 29 2003, 11:28 PM)
Hope it gets fixed and you get to enjoy before the snow flies.

Me too. I knew I would probably have to sink some money into it at some time, just hoped it would be later rather than sooner. Oh well, maybe my vanity plate should have been MONEY PIT. laugh.gif

As for help from this BBS, I know I can count on getting it if/when I need it.
GWN7
Happy Birthday Joan smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.