Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: What kind of car is this? (No PC)
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Mountain914
Having trouble identifying this vehicle. Looks european ? Or am I missing the obvious?
Ferg
It looks like a new TVR for sure but headlights are differnent from a tuscan, and I'm having probs finding a good pic of a T400r. So who knows, looks nice though. Ferg.
PatW
Looks like a late 70's classic. About 140-150lbs, about 5ft 9in. From good stock. laugh.gif happy11.gif
thesey914
laugh.gif THAT model is VBH (Vicky Butler Henderson). She's one of the anchor persons on BBC's "Top Gear", England's premier motoring TV program. She's a pretty good driver too.
And the car's definitely a TVR - a T350 I reckon
fiid
Man - we don't get Top Gear over here because BBC America are a bunch of scam artists. Bastards.

I think it's a TVR as well. MMmmm.... Lots of horsepower - untameable in the wet.
boxstr
It is a TVR 350C, it has the cover over the front headlights. The 400 and 440 do not.
CCLINTVRVILLAGE
Ferg
boxstr nailed it, here's anothe pic
Mountain914
Thanks !!
(I wonder where the door latch is?)
mike_the_man
The door latch is under the mirror. There's a small button under each side mirror. Push it and the door opens. TVRs are great cars. Wish we could get em hear. Super fast, and not too expensive. There's a nice one in the movie Swordfish, with John Travolta.
fiid
Yeah - I don't know why TVR don't export - theres plenty of knowledge around how to get V8s to be smog legal here, and gas is actually affordable.

Fiid.
thesey914
Funnily enough the reason is to do with something that affected our 914's........TVR don't want to prostitue thier pure look with impact bumpers.
SirAndy
i know of at least 2 people who import TVR's to the US.
both are on the east coast. they were running a batch not too long ago and i was asked if i was interested in one.

sure, i said. but the $20 i had in my wallet was not enough. sad.gif

i can hook you up with their contact info if you're seriously interested.
Andy
mike_the_man
Andy,

What sort of cost would you be looking at to get one imported when everything is all said and done? I'm sure I can't afford it, but just curious. Who knows, maybe someday.
Crawf
A friend of mine bought a 6 month old, 4000 mile TVR Tamora for £30k. 170mph, 0-60 in 4 seconds from a 3.6 straight six. Noisy as anything and when I drove it in the wet had it sideways in 1st gear. Very nice car if a little impracticle.
Mountain914
I can't name a soul on this board that is interested in 'practicle' cars... wink.gif Hence, why we have 914s!

Hmm, been a while since I've seen swordfish, for some reason I thought it was a Shelby Cobra II.

This board amazes me, with how much knowledge it has.
I'm proud to be a member (though still asking, not answering yet).

J. Seymour - I'm jealous of your TV lineup !! I'd like to see that show ! Wish BBC carried it!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.