Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: weight and fit of FG- stock front valance
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
brant
For the Vintage car, I'm considering replacing the stock front lower valance with a fiberglass replacement.
Note: I am not allowed to use a spoiler so don't go there.

Does anybody that has tried one of these know how the weight compares or what the fit is like?

I'm concerned that since these are commonly made as cheap replacements for the stock metal, they could be thick or heavier than stock?

I'm also interested in leads for good prices.

thanks all for any help or input.
brant
URY914
Years ago I bought one from AIR in LA. It was lighter than stock but not by much. And the fit was OK.

Paul
brant
Thanks a ton paul.

brant
thesey914
I have a glass front valance, because my steel one was buggered. It fits pretty well and is way lighter than the steel original. The only problem is none of the hardware for fitting it to the body was included, so all the holes needed to be drilled and the brackets required making and riveting on. Not that hard but a bit fiddly. Think my valance came from AA originally but I got them from a friend.
brant
Cool,

so it sounds like there is an agreement that they are lighter. The stock piece is not to heavy so thats great.

Since I refuse to use AA, I'll search pelican and around.
Anybody have any good leads, or seen any recent sales. Does Sheridan make this part (not likely since it looks stock)

Off topic: Hey I was on sheridan's site and he has a picture of my buddies teener. Its the mustard one with the red and black splotches on it. That car is for sale again and it is Wicked FAST... 3.3 ltr electromotive race engine... VERY Cool car.

brant
Ferg
I would love to see some pic's of the FG valence's can't say that i have ever seen one, unless I have and thought it was steel. Brant, I'm going to be going to a stock looking valence over the winter so let me know before you make a move. Ferg.
dakotaewing
I have a GT valence from AIR... No fittings or hardware -would take a little bit of time and fabrication.. It's decent FG...
Not currently installed or painted, and for sale to the right offer....

Thom
brant
Thom,

when you were shopping for the GT style... did you notice if AIR also sells a stock style? I won't have a cooler in that location so don't want a gt style. Can't run a Limited edition since they were not stock on the -6 cars.

(I'm sneaking twin coolers into my headlight area, so I can leave the front trunk open for the larges cell)

Ferg... what are you going to do about the condenser?

brant
Ferg
Hmmm, Good point. I start another thread and ask. I was told it did not need direct air flow. confused24.gif Ferg.
boxstr
Good morning , I have a couple of the stock fiberglass front valances, $85.00 each plus shipping and handling to your front door.I would post a pic but my camera is in Calif at the Sony repair facility.
I may be borrowing or buying a another one soon.
Let me know.
CCLINVALANCEVILLE
dakotaewing
Brant,
I don't remenber - Call them, its the quickest way to get an answer....

Thom
brant
craig,

I'm interested, and I like buying from you and know that your good to work with.

Question?
can you confirm for me what the weights are for a metal versus Fiberglass?

thanks
brant
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.