Full Version: Cherry 2.0 Engine in Germany
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Brian Mifsud
Ebay Germany

IPB Image
LowGT
drooley.gif
McMark
I nabbed all those pictures. Good stuff. I'd love to get that motor.
bd1308
WOAH

whats it say? I shoudl have listened more in german class.
Brian Mifsud
I did the "BabelFish" translation, and the seller says everything which was originally CAD plated was redone. Sure looks nice.

I've never seen the "checkerboard" style pattern on any aircleaner, but my experience has been with the '72 1.7 and '76 cars I've owned. Is this a common aircleaner on '73-'74s? Or is this Europe specific?

anthony
QUOTE(McMark @ Sep 20 2006, 01:03 AM) *

I nabbed all those pictures. Good stuff. I'd love to get that motor.

I'd bet one of your motors are better. Most of this is easily reproduced with lots of elbow grease and spray paint. I do think the few cad plated bolts is a nice touch.

Dave_Darling
I've owned one or two air cleaners like that. Seen more at swap meets and so on. I think they were 75-76 for the most part (or all of them?).

The 74 European owner's manual shows that style air cleaner for the 2.0 as well.

Yeah, I know--just adding to the confusion...

--DD
Bleyseng
QUOTE(Dave_Darling @ Sep 20 2006, 07:37 AM) *

I've owned one or two air cleaners like that. Seen more at swap meets and so on. I think they were 75-76 for the most part (or all of them?).

The 74 European owner's manual shows that style air cleaner for the 2.0 as well.

Yeah, I know--just adding to the confusion...

--DD

Huh?,, the 75-76 ones have the EGR port above the throttle body clamp.

I have seen a few of the checkerboard ones too but thought they were the 73 ones.
bd1308
euro 2.0s didnt have EGR AFAIK
DEC
QUOTE(Brian Mifsud @ Sep 20 2006, 05:45 AM) *

I've never seen the "checkerboard" style pattern on any aircleaner, but my experience has been with the '72 1.7 and '76 cars I've owned. Is this a common aircleaner on '73-'74s? Or is this Europe specific?

No its not Europe specific, I think it is a VW part.
All Porsche aircleaners for the 914 were plain

Cap'n Krusty
QUOTE(DEC @ Sep 20 2006, 12:22 PM) *

QUOTE(Brian Mifsud @ Sep 20 2006, 05:45 AM) *

No its not Europe specific, I think it is a VW part.
All Porsche aircleaners for the 914 were plain

There were no VWs with that style FI, therefore no VWs with that style air cleaner. The Cap'n
p914
Same air cleaner I had on my 75 2.0 now replaced with k&N beer3.gif
tod914
Heres the babel fish thang..

Porsche 914 2,0L engine 100Ps, new appearance, identification letter GB, overhauls, with controller, engine relay, starter and transmission 914/11 (transmission does not overhaul). The engine can do rehearses runs and it the following parts was renewed: Connecting rod bearing, piston rings, valves (in and discharge opening), valve guides, valve springs, tappet protective pipes, cylinder staybolt (8x long and briefly) of rotary shaft seals crankshaft, gasket kit, suspension camp, distributor cap, verteilerfinger, circuit breaker, ignition cable and plug, spark plugs, air cleaner, oil filter, oil, pipe connection to 90%. Calculations for new parts and cylinder head repair available. The moreover the axial play of the crankshaft was again adjusted, flywheel again flat polished, clutch nearly newly. The Motorverblechung was sand-radiated and painted with 2K lacquer. Various parts were again galvanized and chromated yellow. Private sales - in accordance with new your-genuinly no guarantee. Dispatch on pallet possible, costs would have one with Ilox to erfagen, dispatch service for European Union would have one to determine.
Dave_Darling
QUOTE(Bleyseng @ Sep 20 2006, 09:28 AM) *
Huh?,, the 75-76 ones have the EGR port above the throttle body clamp.

I have seen a few of the checkerboard ones too but thought they were the 73 ones.

Sorry, I wasn't clear expressing myself.

I meant that the ones I had were 75-76 because they had the EGR port (blocked off in both cases, BTW). I don't recall if the other criss-cross pattern ones I've seen were early or late, but there's also a pic of one on in my 74 European owner's manual. Right across from the pic of the 1.8 with dual carbs.

--DD
TravisNeff
My early 73 2.0 does not have the cris cross aircleaner - but I suppose it could have been swapped along the way.
jk76.914
I picked up a cris-cross version brand new on eBay a couple of years ago. $10 IIRC. Intended to use it on my '76.

Anyway, the port for the crankcase vent hose is too small for the '76 arrangement. Still trying to figure out how to work it in.

Jim
Bleyseng
76 air cleaner
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.