Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 911 Gives the Thumbs Up
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
szuccaro
Today, coming home from work, driving south on 280 from San Francisco, a new 911 pulls up beside me and demonstrates his respect for the 914.... he smiles and gives me the thumbs up! Gotta luv it!
Rusty
smilie_pokal.gif

Can ya feel the love? grouphug.gif
So.Cal.914
You should allways respect your elders.....and your betters. smile.gif
DNHunt
You know, if you get a chance to talk to the guys who wave, they'll often say that their 1st Porsche was a 914 and then comment on how much fun they had with it.

Dave
GeorgeRud
I've owned both 911s and 914s, and it seems the longterm Porsche owners have a lot of respect for the 914s at this time.

I guess that today's water cooled, front-, mid-, rear-engined sportcars, tourers, SUVs that Porsche does or has offered makes one nostalgic for the good old days when they sold aircooled sportscars.

Give every Porsche owner a wave, the ones that matter will appreciate it.
BMXerror
QUOTE(Lawrence @ Sep 19 2006, 11:14 PM) *

Can ya feel the love? grouphug.gif

Considering that a lot of new 911 drivers are balding middle-aged men with a family, I'm not sure I want ^that^ kind of love!
Mark D.
SGB
QUOTE(GeorgeRud @ Sep 21 2006, 12:42 PM) *

Give every Porsche owner a wave, the ones that matter will appreciate it.

well phrased. smile.gif
Mike T
Sunday I'm on my way home from an Autocross, traveling East on Route 17 between Elmira, NY and Binghamton, NY. Towing my wide body V8 914 on an open trailer. I get passed by a chorus line of trucks pulling various Honda and Acura SCCA Improved Touring roadrace cars on open trailers on they're way home from Watkins Glen raceway. Not a glance my way. No wave. Nothing.

5 minutes later a 50ish couple towing a 1970 Datsun 240Z in Bob Sharpe colors comes by. I glance over as they go by and they are all smiles and thumbs up.

Cool.

Mike T
JPB
That picture of driving behind that windshield and just enjoying the driving thing in the mountains is what a 914 is all about. I didn't know such a thing existed and heard of that sports car feeling. My teemer just blew me away the first time I opened her up and perhaps they had that same feeling once also. biggrin.gif
SGB
QUOTE(JPB @ Sep 21 2006, 06:53 PM) *

That picture of driving behind that windshield and just enjoying the driving thing in the mountains is what a 914 is all about. biggrin.gif

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.