Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: SCCA Street Prepared News
914World.com > The 914 Forums > The Paddock
jhadler
It's official,

As of January 1, the Bimmers are _out_ of DSP next year. All E36 cars are moved onto one line in BSP (including the M3 and LTW), all E46 cars are moved to BSP (minus the M3), and all E30 cars are moved into CSP (sperate from the M3).

The door is open for the small cars again! This is a chance for the 914! Who's running DSP next year?

I am. At least if I can find the time to get the car running again...

Oh yeah, and the JCW MINI was moved to DSP...

-Josh2
Joe Ricard
Great, replace the big beemers with a faster little one. Why should I even bother. building a stock motor just to be another under dog.

Putting my money on more HP more RPM lighter car on slicks which are also cheaper. I sorta like XP. I'm a faster under dog.
jhadler
I don't think the MINI is gonna as much of a threat as you make it sound like. The MINI has a pretty peppy power plant, to be sure. But it's burdened with one main thing that it can't get rid of, it's weight. The MINI is NOT light. North of 2600 lbs for a Cooper S. A little bit lighter than the E36 Bimmers, but not much. Couple that with a little less peak power, a lot less torque, and FWD, and I highly doubt that the car will dominate the class.

Come on Joe!!! Let's get 914s on the podium in 2007!!!

-Josh2
Joe Ricard
QUOTE(jhadler @ Sep 21 2006, 02:55 PM) *

I don't think the MINI is gonna as much of a threat as you make it sound like. The MINI has a pretty peppy power plant, to be sure. But it's burdened with one main thing that it can't get rid of, it's weight. The MINI is NOT light. North of 2600 lbs for a Cooper S. A little bit lighter than the E36 Bimmers, but not much. Couple that with a little less peak power, a lot less torque, and FWD, and I highly doubt that the car will dominate the class.

Come on Joe!!! Let's get 914s on the podium in 2007!!!

-Josh2

Well If'n I had a street prepared motor and the tirebudget for 225/45-15Hoosier A6 tiars i think DSP wouldbe a cake walk.

The RedNeck Racer is really a very well prepped DSP car. The kicker is the power plant and the rules. Might as well get out and push it.
GaroldShaffer
boldblue.gif I am Iam

jhadler
D'oh!!!!! mad.gif

Seems the SEB, in their "infinite wisdom" have decided to withdraw the class change for DSP.

On the bright side, there is at LEAST one member of the SPAC who has been pushing for new SP class (GSP) for the smaller cars that are no longer competitive in the lower ranks.

===

SOLO STREET PREPARED CATEGORY

- The previously published proposal to move the Lexus IS300 and various BMW E30, E36 and E46 models out of DSP to CSP or BSP has been
withdrawn, in anticipation of a larger action (see below).

- The SPAC has been directed to provide a draft SP class restructuring recommendation, including specific Appendix A classes and listings, to the
SEB for review. This will provide more uniformity of update/backdate line listings within models and classing according to "best of breed"
principles. The proposed effective date for these changes would be 1/1/2008.

- The SEB and SPAC are working on a proposal, which will be effective 1/1/2008, to prohibit any traction control modifications in SP. Specific
wording will be forthcoming.

===
Joe Ricard
Yup I read that today also. what a kck in the pants. I can oly hope you Street prepared guys can some day get into a class that makes you competative.

the 914 in C stock is a big waste of time too. C-stock against the Solstice????? yea right 285 rubber against 205 tops pinched on 5.5 inch rims

Also trying to make sense out of the fuel injection Prepared rules. Like they were freaking sneaking through my emails about TWM Haltech EFI
Sounds like that is now out the door.
But yet my carbs are legal. XP is sort of an exception anyway.
Mike T
Joe;

Did you read The 2006 Solo 2 rule book Page 172, Appendix A, section 7a? It states that the induction system is unrestricted.

Your planned throttle bodies are legal. Heck, my car is legal for XP with a V8 (and 400lbs of ballast.)

You are still in XP right?

Mike T
Joe Ricard
I will wait till next month when the 2007 rule book comes out before I drop the coin for TWM Haltech EFI

How do you think I got in XP anyway Because some dumb ass decided to prevent the Elise from running SM2 change minimum wieght from 1900 to 2100.
How did I get in SM2 ? the motor I had on my shelf had an after market cam and carbs with sexy port work. bye bye Street Prepared.

What's left Freaking A mod????????
Mike T
The Street Mod classes were never interesting to me. Minimum weight for RWD was way too high. XP is way more attractive to me. The sliding weight scale is something a lot of folks I know lobbied for in D and E Modified. Three years ago there was talk of a "Heavy Mod" class that was a lot like what XP has turned out to be.

A-Mod?

Come to E-Modified with us. Rules? We don' need no steeking rules. driving.gif

Mike T
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.