Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914-6 throttle linkage
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
siverson
Hi,

Anyone have pictures of their 914-6 throttle linkage, or other creative methods used for a throttle cable on 6 conversions.

Currently, I'm just running the stock 914-4 cable up through the front of the sheetmetal and attaching it to the cruise control arm on the 3.6 throttle body, and it works, but the "feeling" does leave a little to be desired.

Any ideas/suggestions?

Thanks,
Steve
Brad Roberts
I forget..

does the 3.6 engine have a 'crank' setup on the backside of the engine like a regular 911 engine ?? In other words.. does it have the solid linkage going to short intermediate rods ?? I'm not at the shop so I cant look at any of the 3 .6's sitting around.

B
Dave_Darling
I believe that it does.

I don't have pics, Steve, but the stock Six ran the cable back to a bellcrank that was on the side of the transmisssion. The bellcrank actuated a rod that went through a solt in the rear engine tin, which moved the cross-shaft of the throttle linkage.

Pelican sells a kit that uses a bellcrank but mounts it to a couple of the existing studs so you don't have to drill and tap your intermediate plate the way they did on the stock Sixes. It also uses the 914-4 throttle cable, which is a little longer than the -6 one and was significantly cheaper last I checked.

Look for "bolt on accelerator kit".
http://www.pelicanparts.com/914/914-6_cons..._price_list.htm

Rats... I used to have some pics around here of the stock setup that Rich Johnson sells, but I can't find 'em. Must have deleted them.

--DD
Brad Roberts
Here you go..

I dont like it much. I'm to the point now where we have custom throttle cables made and forget all the solid linkage crappola and go straight to the lever arm setup on the block.

Granted the cables are 100$.. but they are REAL aircraft cables in nice housings. Adjusted properly and they will not break and they are much much smoother than any stock cable.

B
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.