Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Oklahoma 914 gathering OCT 8th
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
mrdezyne
FELLOW OKIES and anyone else close enough to make it....

Sunday, October 8th we are planning a quick drive to Hallet to watch one of our own (914club) run at Hallet. A few of us figured it would be a good chance for a very informal meet before MUSR8.

So far the plan is to meet Sunday morning between 9-9:30 at the Monterey TexMex just off of I-44 at the S 49th W Ave exit. From there we can take a fun little road up to HWY 51 and then over to 99 and north to Hallet. Drive from the resturant should take about 45 minutes.

CVAR can be found here http://www.corinthianvintagerace.com/

Either plan on eating at the track cafe or bring lunch fixins and folding chairs. I will have some munchies and drinks and 3-4 chairs with me (sorry, driving a truck and not an actual rolling 914) and anyone is welcome to throw coolers in the back of my truck on the way over.

Also check out http://www.Oklahoma914club.port5.com

If you plan on attending let us know what you are driving so we can look for your at the Mexicali Cafe...

Attendees:

1. Mrdezyne (2006 Black Nissan)
2. Project-914 (Suby Wrx)
3. Curt Curtis (914)
4. Joseph Mills (914)
5. A&P girl and dad (914 + 914)
6. Keebler (914)

Location of the resturant....
project-914
hey man I was going to go to that thing in Pryor and enter the show there on Saturday and then maybe stay overnight somewhere in Tulsa with my dad...but, I wanna see how your swap is coming along so do you wanna meet somwhere that night or even the next morning before we all meet up so I can see your car?...
mrdezyne
QUOTE(project-914 @ Sep 20 2006, 01:54 PM) *

hey man I was going to go to that thing in Pryor and enter the show there on Saturday and then maybe stay overnight somewhere in Tulsa with my dad...but, I wanna see how your swap is coming along so do you wanna meet somwhere that night or even the next morning before we all meet up so I can see your car?...

I don't think I function earlier than what we are meeting on Sunday so lets try to do this on Saturday night if possible.
If you are coming back from Pryor you will most likely have to come through Claremore on your way back, and that is where the car is now. My parents have a shop at their place. As far as progress, I have an EJ25 sitting on a bench with an adapter plate loosly fitted, the transaxle is waiting to be torn down and gone through, the body is just a shell with rust patches taking place, and the suspension is all in pieces on the floor in various stacks.

But back on track, I'll add you to the list of attendees on Sunday in a Suby WRX...
We really need someone to join us that will actually be in a 914 blink.gif
brant
bump..
I want to follo this thread
can't wait!

brant
TheCabinetmaker
hey guy's (and gal's), we will probably have at least three running 914's from the Tulsa area to join you. maybe 4 or even 5. The restaurant you are talking about is called Monterry texmex I believe. The following weekend is PCA club racing at Hallett. There will be lots of nice P-car's there. Look forward to meeting you guy's.

Mrdezyne, call me @ 902-5002. You know the area code!!!!

by the way, I should be back on line in a few weeks.

Curt
mrdezyne
QUOTE(vsg914 @ Sep 21 2006, 03:05 PM) *

hey guy's (and gal's), we will probably have at least three running 914's from the Tulsa area to join you. maybe 4 or even 5. The restaurant you are talking about is called Monterry texmex I believe. The following weekend is PCA club racing at Hallett. There will be lots of nice P-car's there. Look forward to meeting you guy's.

Mrdezyne, call me @ 902-5002. You know the area code!!!!

by the way, I should be back on line in a few weeks.

Curt

Come to think of it, that IS a Monterey! Give that man a prize! I would have had everyone looking for a non-existant resturant... Thank you kind sir...

Except for taking a truck to haul chairs and coolers, I would be more than willing to drive and "extra" teener if anyone has one that needs to stretch its legs. hehe.. But seriously, that is great news Curt! The more the merrier and its good to see an interested and active 914 following in Oklahoma.

There are a couple guys in Owasso, George and Murphy that I will call and inform, not sure how often they are on the forum. Unless these are two of the 4-5 you were mentioning...

Curt I will give you a call tomorrow as its getting late now. I will also be out of pocket for a week or so, but on a little island getting Mauied.

Curt Rainbolt
527-2651

PS... Member 666????? Dude, that is creeping me out big time!!! blink.gif
ClayPerrine
Should I fire up Igor and show up? It's a long drive, but maybe then I could get your MUSR 8 Entry forms and checks..... poke.gif
project-914
I was just informed that that Saturday Night is hot import nights in OK city, which I will probably enter my car in, so it will be a long night for me and early morning...so it's a nogo on anything saturday related...I'll still meet up with you guys at the resturaunt though...werd...get more people...my dad is also following me, so that's one more non teener...and if any of you guys have parts you want to get rid of I may be interested!!!...maybe a mini swap meet too?...I doubt you guys would want anything off of my car because it's all crap
mrdezyne
QUOTE(project-914 @ Sep 21 2006, 09:01 PM) *

and if any of you guys have parts you want to get rid of I may be interested!!!...maybe a mini swap meet too

Reason #4 that I am driving the truck, I'll be hauling lots of goodies with me to the track for you guys to sort through.

Clay, you are always welcome to join us! Hell of a drive for an afternoon of socializing but if you are game we would enjoy meeting you AND it would give you a great opportunity to PIMP MUSR8! Perhaps come up Saturday and meet up with Brant early and we could meet you guys at Hallet....
Brad Roberts
Anyone spoken to Jim and Laurie Blakewell? He owns all the "Red Carpet" car washes in Oklahoma. They have several 914's. He races a SCCA GT2 Purple 914 (or he did) Good people. Good Oakies.

Kinda bummed to see that you had to start "yet another" site for Club members.

We keep saying "no" to specific areas on this site for "locals" to gather. Each time I see someone "spin-off" another site.. it makes me think twice about creating "regions" on this site.

B
project-914
dude, we still come here just as often...it's just less clutter for this site...there's a redcarpet by my house...but I always detail my own car
ClayPerrine
QUOTE(mrdezyne @ Sep 22 2006, 09:53 AM) *

QUOTE(project-914 @ Sep 21 2006, 09:01 PM) *

and if any of you guys have parts you want to get rid of I may be interested!!!...maybe a mini swap meet too

Reason #4 that I am driving the truck, I'll be hauling lots of goodies with me to the track for you guys to sort through.

Clay, you are always welcome to join us! Hell of a drive for an afternoon of socializing but if you are game we would enjoy meeting you AND it would give you a great opportunity to PIMP MUSR8! Perhaps come up Saturday and meet up with Brant early and we could meet you guys at Hallet....

I just checked mapquest.... its at least 4 friggin hours to get there!!!

I don't think I will be coming. But mapquest also revealed that Fort Smith is in your backyard.. so I expect to see all of you at MUSR 8!!!

Maybe a bunch of you can meet the DFW area caravan in Talamena for the drive up to Fort Smith???

brant
Hey gang,

when I got home from moab last night I had a letter from CVAR waiting for me. This is my first ever CVAR event so things are a tiny bit different than I'm used to.

anyways... inside the letter they did confirm my admittance, meaning I am definitely coming.

Also, another small surprise was that they included my gate tickets. My club out here is free gate admission but it looks like CVAR may have some gate fee. I don't know how much but imagine its 4-5bucks or something. Anyways, I wanted to tell you guys so it wasn't a surprise.
It caught me off guard.

brant
brant
I have my official race schedule now.

for sunday:
group 7 (me) warm up at 8:30am - 10 minutes

group 7 race #3 (race 1 and 2 are on saturday) 9:30am -15 minutes

group 7 race #4 (no time given but after lunch) I'll be the 2nd group out so probably 1:15pm or 1:30

of course all of this can change if they get behind schedule.
from looking at the last 3 races they've held there.. I might do ok.
I'll have to be a quick learn of the new track (new to me)
and I'll have to have the car working perfectly
but I'm shooting for a top 10

brant
Joseph Mills
QUOTE(brant @ Sep 28 2006, 01:42 PM) *

I might do ok.
I'll have to be a quick learn of the new track (new to me)
and I'll have to have the car working perfectly
but I'm shooting for a top 10

brant

Brant,

If you haven't been, go to the Hallett site: http://www.hallettracing.net/

There are in car videos shot for either course direction as well as aerial photos/maps of the course that can help you familiarize yourself with the track.

I'm going to try to make it up on Sunday.
brant
good tip.
I'll call the organizers and find out which direction we are.

thanks...
can't wait to meet
brant
brant
got a reply from admin...

its counter clockwise...videos
mrdezyne
I am still a GO for meeting at Monterey resturant and then the drive over to Hallet. Just a quick bump for those that may have not seen this post yet.
Brant, thanks for the heads up on the gate fee, I kinda figured it would be a few bucks to watch but wasn't sure. I have ran this track in a newer Lotus Elise and a Ferrari 360 counterclockwise. A couple of good places to pick up some speed and several good passing spots. You will have fun regardless..
TheCabinetmaker
Are we still meeting at 0800? damn I hate to get up that early on the weekend!
project-914
whoa 8:00?!?!?

no way I live in the OKC...common!

haha 8's cool, if you want to be spiteful
mrdezyne
i think I suggested 9 just to get us to Hallet by 10:30 for the first race. We can delay that a bit if everyone needs more time...

Curt, I'll call you tonight.

if anyone needs a face to look for, I posted photos from my wedding last week under "OT - getting Mauied"
brant
QUOTE(mrdezyne @ Oct 2 2006, 01:18 PM) *

I am still a GO for meeting at Monterey resturant and then the drive over to Hallet. Just a quick bump for those that may have not seen this post yet.
Brant, thanks for the heads up on the gate fee, I kinda figured it would be a few bucks to watch but wasn't sure. I have ran this track in a newer Lotus Elise and a Ferrari 360 counterclockwise. A couple of good places to pick up some speed and several good passing spots. You will have fun regardless..

The video of CC looks pretty great.
what are your favorite passing areas?

looks like late braking into 2 will be a good spot as well as coming out of 10
is passing possible on #9?
mrdezyne
HAHA! Brant, sorry to disapoint but I was passenger in both of those machines. I could only wish and dream of being a driver right now in those rides.
My experience on this track is limited to a section at a time for SCCA events.
brant
Well you've still got me beat...
I'll take any pointers you care to share.

brant
TheCabinetmaker
Brant, the grid is designed for cc running. All apex's are late in the turn.
Turn 9 is called the "bitch", and for a good reason. You are right on about #2. You must come into #4 from the outside, or you'll never make it thru 5. 6 is a good place to pass. Good speed can be had between 11 and 1, 1 and 2, 7 and 8, and 9 and 10. 10 and 11 combine to form a carousel. apex too early here and you'll be off the track on the outside.

See ya there. Curt
brant
cool thanks for the tips curt.

from your experience are the cars too unsettled going into 9 to make a move there?

from the video's it almost looks like you could out momentum a competitor through 7/8 and then stuff your nose in front of them for #9
but then I can't on video tell how unsettled a car would feel after cresting that hill, and if it would be a dangerous move or not.

also...
whats your passing techique on #6
a late braking pass, or a momentum pass on track out?

I'm always WAY under powered compaired to my competitors (heck even mgb's can out accelerate me on the straightaways) so I have to pick and choose my opportunities to late brake and hurt my momentum. I tend to use more of the track out passing, due to corner speed.

brant
mrdezyne
List has been updated and acording to CC there could be 2-3 others join us that have not posted.

Meeting time is 9-9:30 AM unless anyone has problems with that. Maps and directions to the meeting spot are at the top of this thread.

I'm bringing a truckload of parts so everyone bring your wish lists...

SEE YOU ALL ON SUNDAY! Weather is supposed to be perfect!!! Come or prepare to get topless... Hehe...
brant
Can't wait to meet all of you.
I'm hitting the highway here tonight at dinner time.

looking forward to crashing your party!

brant
mrdezyne
Just a quick bumpage if anyone else wants to join in.... Let me know if I can add you to the list....
robicurp
Am I allowed to show up in my Mini Cooper? I siezed a cam chain Idler in my 914-6 conversion a week ago and won't have it repaired in time. I'm going to the race anyway, Id rather drive in the company of Porsches than alone.
Curtis sad.gif
Joseph Mills
QUOTE(robicurp @ Oct 6 2006, 04:28 PM) *

Am I allowed to show up in my Mini Cooper? I siezed a cam chain Idler in my 914-6 conversion a week ago and won't have it repaired in time. I'm going to the race anyway, Id rather drive in the company of Porsches than alone.
Curtis sad.gif

I sure don't have a problem with your Mini Cooper. The more the merrier.

I am bringing some 914 parts for Curt Curtis and could throw in an extra item or two. Anyone interested in a tranny case? It's missing some parts. I actually have two of them, but only have room for one. I think.

I will be leaving from OKC 6:30-7:00am if there is anyone traveling from OKC that wants to caravan or needs a ride.

I may be the only one. biggrin.gif

mrhurtalot
hey im from okc area too. anyone can email me if they would like. id love to learn more about my pretty new car!
project-914
fuck, guys, I had a late night tonight and I am just going to go straight to the track...I'll be there no later than 2:00, peace
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.