Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Delphi Green Paint Info
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
germaneighter
Has anyone re-sprayed Delphi Green? What brand and type of paint? How close to original?
So.Cal.914
popcorn[1].gif
germaneighter
Not sure what the popcorn[1].gif means......

Anyone have any info?
So.Cal.914
QUOTE(germaneighter @ Sep 22 2006, 06:33 PM) *

Not sure what the popcorn[1].gif means......

Anyone have any info?

It means that I too will be painting mine Delphi green and so I am interested in

what they have to say. So here I sit waiting.
TravisNeff
This is a pic of FlatVW's car when it was built up at Patrick Motorsports. The PO had the resto done. Unfortunatley someone T-boned his car a little while back. I am sure it is a basecoat clearcoat paint job and probably glasurit paint.
Joe Bob
It's either Puke green or Piss Yellow with metal flake in it...personally "I" like it....but my x-wife stopped sleeping with me after I painted the last car like that.....

I kinda miss her.....still have the car..... blink.gif
So.Cal.914
A friend has a taildragger this color and he called it Johannesburg green....I guess

you'd have to know him.
davep
I like to think of it as an olive green-gold color. Personally, I think it was one of the nicest colors the 914 came in. Original paint is Glasurit. Any decent paint shop should be able to duplicate the color. Probably the brand is best left to the shop doing the spraying since they should be familiar with laying on properly. This may mean choosing the shop based on the paint brand they use.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.