Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Parking brake cable relaease spring
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Originality and History
Chris Pincetich
I'm trying to "restore" my parking brake, and have everything but the release spring that mounts to the cable equalizer end of the cable. On page 117 of Haynes there is a photo 18.6b that fails to have the correct angle. The picture in the PET diagram is too grainy and doesn't show the connection. Does anybody have a decent picture of the correct placement of the spring? I am a little worried that what I see on my car was compromised by RUST. I should have asked at GAF, but I was disctracted by other details....thanks beerchug.gif
914runnow
QUOTE(ChrisNPDrider @ Sep 20 2006, 08:07 PM) *

I'm trying to "restore" my parking brake, and have everything but the release spring that mounts to the cable equalizer end of the cable. On page 117 of Haynes there is a photo 18.6b that fails to have the correct angle. The picture in the PET diagram is too grainy and doesn't show the connection. Does anybody have a decent picture of the correct placement of the spring? I am a little worried that what I see on my car was compromised by RUST. I should have asked at GAF, but I was disctracted by other details....thanks beerchug.gif

That area is notorious for moisture build up..
And that assembly 'Freezing Up'....
Anyway...angle?? Or where does the spring hook to??
Sorry not sure on the question..There is two ends to the spring..
It just hooks to the rear wall and to eqlzr plate..
Is that your ??
Chris Pincetich
Thanks for the reply. My drivers side pan needed lots of repair, and now that the new metal and parking brake mount have been welded in, I can install the parking brake handle. I have a great idea of the general layout, and was hoping for a nice pic showing the spring and mount to the firewall area. You know what they say, a picture is worth a 1,000 words. I can always "make it work" but I really respect the proper "restoration" angle of the repair and was hoping to see exactly what it should look like. beerchug.gif
914runnow
QUOTE(ChrisNPDrider @ Sep 26 2006, 10:03 AM) *

Thanks for the reply. My drivers side pan needed lots of repair, and now that the new metal and parking brake mount have been welded in, I can install the parking brake handle. I have a great idea of the general layout, and was hoping for a nice pic showing the spring and mount to the firewall area. You know what they say, a picture is worth a 1,000 words. I can always "make it work" but I really respect the proper "restoration" angle of the repair and was hoping to see exactly what it should look like. beerchug.gif

Ohhhhhhhhhhh NOW I understand Kimosabe....
Gottah wait till the wife getz back to shoot a pic......
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.