Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Just dynoed my dads 912e
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
bam914
It made 106whp and 125ft/tg. with 40mm webers w/36mm chokes stock heat exchangers with a Bursch muffler.
Aaron Cox
think you would pick up some more HP with a 34mm vent?
brant
Usually bigger vents are more hp...
(they hurt driveability and midrange, but they show bigger numbers at redline)

TravisNeff
With a 15% drivetrain loss that is 122HP and 144ft lbs at the crank. Impressive. burnout.gif

I am assuming the 15% loss is HP AND torque ?
Jake Raby
Thats spot on with what that kit made when it was designed with 40mm Webers.. I think 34 vents would make more power by a couple percent..

here is what I advertise that kit at..
IPB Image
Not bad! and it looks like my projections are spot on at the flywheel!

Considering a stock 912E engine made 76HP at the flywheel this 2056 kit is making a 40+% increase in power over stock. Not bad for a 2mm overbore, a cam and a tad of head work..
Brian Mifsud
QUOTE(Travis Neff @ Sep 21 2006, 10:18 AM) *

With a 15% drivetrain loss that is 122HP and 144ft lbs at the crank. Impressive. burnout.gif

I am assuming the 15% loss is HP AND torque ?

1 HP per Cubic Inch is all I ask. @ 60 cubic inches to the liter, that engine has a nice power to displacement ratio. I wonder how much gas it chews up doing so which tells much about efficiency. Any idea on the mixture.. is this a rich running engine?

grantsfo
QUOTE(bam914 @ Sep 21 2006, 09:57 AM) *

It made 106whp and 125ft/tg. with 40mm webers w/36mm chokes stock heat exchangers with a Bursch muffler.

At what RPM did it make those numbers?
Jake Raby
The engine in my 912E is exacting the one in the graphs.. I have gotten a best of 40 MPG with it when it had about 40K miles on it. even after 23K miles on the same oil change and now with 106K on the engine in 4 years it still gets 32MPG or so. It hasn't had a tune up in two years and the last valve adjustment was in February of 2003.

bam914
Peak torgue is at 3800 and peak hp is at 5000. I think it does have 34mm chokes in it.
ChrisFoley
36mm vents are not generally available for 40IDFs. I have them custom made, or they can be turned down from 44IDF vents.
Al Meredith
QUOTE(Racer Chris @ Sep 21 2006, 01:23 PM) *

36mm vents are not generally available for 40IDFs. I have them custom made, or they can be turned down from 44IDF vents.

I'm not sure , Jake gave me some 32 MM chokes and although we didn't use them, Blake bores out the old ones to, I Think the same . I'll check this weekend and report. If they are 32's then I'll order some 34's and try them.
bam914
Heres the dyno sheet Click to view attachment
rhodyguy
i can never get the pdf files to work. i'd like to see the torque curve. odd that the hp must fall off @5k. i should think it would have longer legs. which cam and flavor of heads?. nice tho. bet it has lots of back-o-the seat grunt to that 5k number.

k
anthony
I can never get the PDF's to work either. Is it an IE only feature?
anthony
I just tried getting the pdf with IE and it crashed. With Firefox nothing happens.
mightyohm
Jake, What AFR do you run to get those 40 mpg numbers?

904svo
QUOTE(bam914 @ Sep 22 2006, 01:06 PM) *

Heres the dyno sheet Click to view attachment

Try saving the .pdf file, My system also has problems trying to open .pdf
files, this is the only way I found that would work.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.