Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Newbie needs Help! please
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
old dkp
Hi, I am new here, but not to 914's and i am looking for some help in the santa clara-bay area , for a machine shop. cylinder heads and case and crank and rods.for my 2.0 thank you, and i like what i have seen here so far.
So.Cal.914
welcome.png
Twystd1
Stick around. The fellas here will hook you up.

Let us know what you need done for your engine.
As some machine shops are more capable than others.

And tell us what you are building. A bus a bug etc.

And try the search function if you need specifics. There is more data on this BBS that you can possibly imagine.

And welcome new guy..!!!!!!!!!!!!

Clayton
old dkp
QUOTE(So.Cal.914 @ Sep 21 2006, 02:23 PM) *

welcome.png

Thank You, i am a So Cal transplant. and i love your avatar. I used to ride dirt bikes with Steve. in lake elsinore cool_shades.gif
old dkp
QUOTE(Twystd1 @ Sep 21 2006, 03:29 PM) *

Stick around. The fellas here will hook you up.

Let us know what you need done for your engine.
As some machine shops are more capable than others.

And tell us what you are building. A bus a bug etc.

And try the search function if you need specifics. There is more data on this BBS that you can possibly imagine.

And welcome new guy..!!!!!!!!!!!!

Clayton

Thank You Clayton, Case Cleaning,Heads flycut,rods reconditioned. Since moving from so-cal i find poor machine shops in this area.
Jake Raby
Thank You Clayton, Case Cleaning,Heads flycut,rods reconditioned. Since moving from so-cal i find poor machine shops in this area.

You'll continue to more than likely.. You may end up having to go 2250 miles to get the job done right!
old dkp
QUOTE(Jake Raby @ Sep 21 2006, 03:48 PM) *

You'll continue to more than likely.. You may end up having to go 2250 miles to get the job done right!

Thank's Jake,I will look forward to meeting you. lol. I had my last set of 1.8 heads done 16 yr's ago by Ray Litz, formerly of planet earth and now in Heaven. God rest his good soul.... thumb3d.gif I continue to hear good things of your work,and i loved the line about the dirt floor in the chicken shop. My kinda guy.
Jake Raby
Cool!
Seriously you might try Adrian at headflow Masters in Vista- He did hundreds of pairs of heads for me and still would be if he wanted to advance development..

Other than that you are pretty much outta luck in So cal I'd say. I have seen heads from reputable shops tjhere that had cracks visible from 20 feet away in the chambers and they didn't even attempt to repair them or tell the customer!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.