Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Who's listening
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Joe Ricard
Figured out how to listen in on Jake's show while at work.
Nuthin better to be cranking out Autocad DWG's and listening to motor stuff.

Jake Raby
Cool!
we got it up early this week because my dad has surgery tomorrow..

This weeks show has a very happy 914 owner with 200HP under his hood and a few chats about some new parts too.

My rant is something you gotta hear too!

We are now listed in the new and notable section of I tunes and if all stays well we should be in the top 10 shows in the section in a couple of weeks! thats damn good considering the shows that we are up against! Last week we went over 100,000 downloads in the first two days!
bd1308
:rofl:

or the pictures I made for Rusty. He thought those were great.
JFJ914
You should listen. I just sent a box to Len today. dry.gif
bd1308
was there anything in the box idea.gif

?
JPB
I listen and take notes. I think Jake has kinda shot himself in the foot because everyone I know wants to hear about the turbo engine development and if/when they can get it!!! The idea of that info leak may have pointed more ears in his general direction though and uped his listenership.

beer.gif I think if Jake does his thing well, he and the 914 four banger crowd can form a unique symbiotic relationship which has never happened with the type4 914 people on a broad spectrum and there is a huge market out there for that fun/dependable T4 engine.
Bleyseng
got it on now.....
Twystd1
JPB, you might have something there..

As far as the shows sound quality.

I have a built in modulator in my box that allows all the audio to come out at the same level for recording purposes.
(ProTools)

It sounds good.

I truly enjoy the show. It's PT barnum and Einstein wrapped into 1.

There are two main reasons I enjoy the show.

First is the personality's.
Second is the solid data provided.

I think the fellas are doing a helluva job cosidering they haven't done anything remotely like this before.

Keep it up Jake.!!!!!!!!! (Not just for your wife)

And Jake, thanks for the phone calls we have had in the past.

By the way guys. Some of you don't know this.
Jake could go on the comedy trail and do pretty well.
Most of the conversations I have had with him were not related to engines or cars. Just being a couple of nut cases talking like men.
Jake had me laughing so hard I thought I was gunna fall down. And in all the conversations I have had with him. The thing that stuck out the most was his unwavering stance of stepping up to keep his word and giving to those he feels needs the support.

I wish you guys knew how much my favorite lunatic GIVES his time to the type4 community. Often to guys that have bought nothing from him. And often he gets nothing in return but good vibes.

Thats why we threw him out of California. He's too hornery to hang here ..............................LOL.......

All in all.

Keep it rolling Jake and crew.

Clayton
Bleyseng
Ok, who is Mike Keats???
Jake Raby
QUOTE(Bleyseng @ Sep 21 2006, 03:08 PM) *

Ok, who is Mike Keats???

He's a teener that doesn't visit the forums often... here is his car
IPB Image

The Turbo development I am doing is for the conversion guys, mostly the Beetle crowd. The Turbo 914 development didn't work out very well (do searches) and I have no plans of bringing my 914 kit to the market place on full engines or retail. The Subys, sixes and Chevys sealed the fate of that development back in the spring... The prototype system is in the attic all boxed up and thats where it'll stay. I was so frustrated after that fiasco that I sold my 914!

Clayton, thanks for the compliments... I thought I was an asshole?? Whats up??
BTW- I have your DTM ready when you want it- goold ole #1 has a round in the chamber as we speak!

Len's product of the week last week was incredible! getting a full head rebuild for 550 bucks (his labor) is extremely CHEAP!

bd1308
a FULL head rebuild for 550!!?!?!?

I thought it was usually 2K +
Jake Raby
QUOTE(bd1308 @ Sep 21 2006, 03:29 PM) *

a FULL head rebuild for 550!!?!?!?

I thought it was usually 2K +

If you listened to the damn show you would know!!! These products of the week are serious deals.. So far engine kits at 20% off, DTM at half price, cams and lifters at 35% off are just a few of the deals of the week announced only on the show..

Len's deal was LABOR for stock head rebuilds for 550.00, thats about 40% less than normal for his work, not to mention that he only rebuilds heads these days in batches at certain times of the year....

It pays to listen to the show, thats our whole point!
bd1308
Well I have to listen to the reruns, I dont get time to listen until well after midnight EST.

I work from 3p-3a, and i'm at work now

:crazy:
G e o r g e
jake

another good show

sound from ray was alot better

beerchug.gif

did you get my email about the 1911 kit, cam change?

Bleyseng
I have been drooling for roller lifters and rockers for effin years!!!! God damnit, make some available for the masses!!!

98mm drop in's sound great too but these are Nickies right with a double head seal, woo hoo!
Jake Raby
QUOTE(Bleyseng @ Sep 21 2006, 03:59 PM) *

I have been drooling for roller lifters and rockers for effin years!!!! God damnit, make some available for the masses!!!

...Nope, not yet- not for at least 2-3 years.. They'll remain property of the engine shop and by this time next year ALL my engines will use them if development goes as planned.. Having the only aircooled engine program in the world incorporating roller valve train has its benefits!

A development with this much design, effort and test time will have to stay around here for a while in my complete engines before getting passed on to the Type 4 Store for retail sales. I may never sell them retail, its according to the difficulty of installation more than anything else...

Something like this, in the wrong hands is death to an engine, compatibility is of utmost importance and no matter what people want to modify what we supply them and thats not cool..

98mm drop in's sound great too but these are Nickies right with a double head seal, woo hoo!

... yep, thats also taking some serious engineering! These will also stay in the engine shop for a while, but more than likely will be offered ina kit some day after they have proven themselves...
DNHunt
Listening right now. My favorite guest still is Joe Cali. great entertainment.

Dave
Jake Raby
QUOTE(DNHunt @ Sep 21 2006, 04:31 PM) *

Listening right now. My favorite guest still is Joe Cali. great entertainment.

Dave

Yep- we'll have Joe back on soon... He and I are working on something together...

we'll be having more guests in the future, right now we are mixing it up a bit trying to get conversion info out..

the dyno casts are going to be VERY cool....
mikelsr
QUOTE(Jake Raby @ Sep 21 2006, 04:29 PM) *

Cool!

Jake thanks for the info you give to all of us. It is very much appreciated.

But more importantly (is that a word?) good luck on your father's surgery tomorrow. I hope everything comes out okay.

Mike
Jake Raby
QUOTE(mikelsr @ Sep 21 2006, 04:44 PM) *

QUOTE(Jake Raby @ Sep 21 2006, 04:29 PM) *

Cool!

Jake thanks for the info you give to all of us. It is very much appreciated.

But more importantly (is that a word?) good luck on your father's surgery tomorrow. I hope everything comes out okay.

Mike

SURE!!!!!
davep
I burned the last show (Sept 14) to a CD and can listen to it while driving. To bad it is the only one to fit on to an audio cd. Got my heads half packed. Got to do a good job since they are both heavy and valuable.

Len has done a great job of offering advice and taking care of me. I just wish I had some info on the valves that will go into it.
bd1308
Helps if ya have a MP3 CD player wink.gif
VaccaRabite
I'll download it and listen to it tomorrow at work while doing some coding busy work.

Zach
turboman808
I got to pull an al nighter at work and I'm listening now.
Mueller
I'm listening to the 914 specific show right now.....
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.