Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: So Ferg is on the way to Moab.....
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Series9
250 f. on the side of the road just before the Eisenhower tunnel at the snow line and 31 f. ambient.

Now he has a hot start (starter) problem and a decision to make.

Luck's car is safe at his house in Boulder. Sidelined due to weather.

More to follow.......
Series9
Current conditions at the tunnel:

Series9
Vail pass:

booter
QUOTE(Series9 @ Sep 21 2006, 03:55 PM) *

Vail pass:

Snow on the last day of summer? That's ridiculous!
TINCAN914

Vail pass:

OH MAN!! and me without a heater.... insertteethchatteringsmilyfacehere
Series9
Just spoke to Ferg.

He got the car started and went for it. He just summited Vail pass and is headed down-hill for Moab.

He warns the rest of the CO crowd that things are getting ugly quickly.

Booter, go work on your car.
VegasRacer
Be safe my brothers.
gary gartner

I got snowed on going thru that tunnel , going to Longmont on
the 4th of July a few years ago. driving.gif
RS22b
wow! so glad i decided not to head out to moab for the RRC. That totally would have pissed me off and amazed me at the same time.

_billy
markb
Brrrrrr
boxstr
Mikey, remember that bra we were talking about the other day. I bet you wish you had it now.
CCL
Allan
QUOTE(boxstr @ Sep 21 2006, 03:53 PM) *

Mikey, remember that bra we were talking about the other day. I bet you wish you had it now.
CCL

Nipples probably an inch long by now.... w00t.gif
Gint
QUOTE(booter @ Sep 21 2006, 04:04 PM) *

Vail pass:

Snow on the last day of summer? That's ridiculous!

No, that's the Colorado Rockies! It will snow in the summer.
Series9
I've spoken to Ferg a few more times.

Apparently there's a big car thing going on in Denver this weekend and he's seen a bunch of high-dollar cars headed east-bound towards Denver.

He had the misfortune to witness an original aluminum Cobra 427 in a four-car pile up. He was sad and said the car was pretty well destroyed.

He had just passed Fruita (west Grand Junction) when the car developed a serious miss and decided to return to Fruita for the night. He has an MSD with an 009. We didn't know whether it has points or Pertronix or optical triggers for the MSD, but since he drove through some very heavy rain near Glenwood Springs, something is likely wet and unhappy.

He's safe for the night.
Jake Raby
When I drove the bug cross country in May it was snowing right behind us past the Eisenhower tunnel...
StratPlayer
Last time I drove thru that part of the world there was a police car at the top of the pass watching people find out about the black ice (cars doing donuts on the roadway)........he was sitting drinking coffee.......lights flashing.....

(not Stratplayer)
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.