Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Mysterious front spoiler...
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
jamara
I foolishly bought this spoiler off of evilbay for way to much money and when I got it I realized it was not going to work for my car at all. The item was listed as being for a Porsche 914, but it really doesn't look like it is. For starters it is way to short. The sides are way to long and the curvature along the front is wrong. Anyway, I have contacted the seller and we are in the process of working something out, but he is still not convinced it is the wrong application. Can you guys enlighten me? Is this perhaps for a later model car with the gargantuan bumpers?

IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image

(Don't worry, those wheels and tires are temporary. Came with the car. barf.gif The new rims are awaiting their adapters. mueba.gif)
JPB
Schweet front chrome bumper and as for that spoiler, it looks like one of them strange pervesion of a deranged evil bay seller.

beer.gif
Jeroen
maybe you have it upside down?
the opening looks like a cut-out for an oil cooler
nomore9one4
It may be for a 914,but not a stock 914. Maybe was on a chalon or other body kit with a deeper bumper. confused24.gif I had a guy on ebay sell me a chopped up front spoiler and told me it was a rear valance. The guy would not respond to my emails,so if your guy did I am sure he was not trying to shaft you. beerchug.gif
jamara
QUOTE(Jeroen @ Sep 21 2006, 04:23 PM) *

maybe you have it upside down?
the opening looks like a cut-out for an oil cooler

That's what I thought and one of the big reasons I bought it in the first place. Thing is, the other side doesn't really have any means of mounting it, and even if it goes on the other way, it doesn't help the dimensional problems. Still, maybe I'm wrong. I could look at it again.
jamara
QUOTE(faux916 @ Sep 21 2006, 05:08 PM) *

I had a guy on ebay sell me a chopped up front spoiler and told me it was a rear valance. The guy would not respond to my emails,so if your guy did I am sure he was not trying to shaft you. beerchug.gif

Agreed. He has been cool so far. I sent him the same pics posted here so hopefully we can come to some sort of agreement about it.

Thanks!

James
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.