Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: The I'm not going to RRC thread
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
G e o r g e
Well since we have all had to deal with the 914 RRC threads i thought the rest of us poor souls could share are teener weekend plans.

tomorrow
i'm drop off a set of mahles to Al Reed for refinishing

Saturday- Sunday
I'm going to be clearing my moving box filled garage so that i can bust open all of my engine parts and prepare to build this baby next weekend.

and my post RRC weekend plans are to finally hook up with Lagunero and take my rolling shell down to Los Pancho's for a little freshing up.

How about you?
Allan
Body work on the teener. smash.gif
craig downs
Same as headrage body work on mine also smash.gif and welder.gif
mikelsr
Work tomorrow, AXing (if it doesn't rain - the car leaks) Sat and Sun.
Mark Henry
Putting new siding on my house.
DNHunt
Soccer, football and honeydos

Dave
spunone
Fri workin on more parts for Jake smash.gif Sat visting Bro-in law in Indio who fell from a 10 ft ladder sep shoulder .Sundaywork on teener & drink beer and watch Football games after Church of course. AND NOT THINKING sheeplove.gif ABOUT HOW MUCH FUN THERE HAVING AT THE RRC
Brando
Lessee... Work, work work, have saturday off, work work work and work some more smile.gif
azbill
Weddign in Madison Wi. beer.gif a week in Wausau with the in-laws smash.gif and a week in Chicago beerchug.gif chowtime.gif . Then finally back to finish the interior and fuel injection system wiring and Jennvies biggrin.gif .

AzBill
dekman
Honeydo's, fence work, maybe Coffee Roaster on Sun(end of month big group), wondering about how Howard & Mrs. K are doing?, etc......Howard called...he was in victorville w/Mrs. K......they were delayed waiting for Toast. Apparently Howard is wearing a condom catheter for the drive(secret)... Mrs. K told me....don't tell anyone! av-943.gif
jd74914
I'm trying to learn hydrogen wavefunctions and atomic orbital equations. I'm also wishing I wasn't in such a hard chem class laugh.gif
hcdmueller
QUOTE(jd74914 @ Sep 21 2006, 04:51 PM) *

I'm trying to learn hydrogen wavefunctions and atomic orbital equations. I'm also wishing I wasn't in such a hard chem class laugh.gif

That is horrible. I am glad that I switched professions. I don't miss that stuff at all. I was well on the way to being a ceramic materials engineer. I have forgotten most of that stuff. Filled my brain with other things.

Hopefully the weather holds and I will be out in the 914 for one last weekend. driving.gif
Twystd1
This weekend I am polishing more Fuchs and a couple of nice fake Fuchs to sale on craigs list.

Playing security for a hip hop band gig for about 500 people.

Hanging with the chick at the beach for a couple of hours.

Now that I have a place to work on my 914 after 1.5 years. I might start that project. Just need body and paint and cosmetics and ...and....and......

Well you guys know.........

I gotta call Mueller and see if he is gunna make any more bearing kits this winter so I can install them during the cool evenings.

Send a letter to Alpha to explain to him I am not the father that ran away when he was born. (I only did that to Aaron)

Hit on Alpha's sister via myspace.

Ask MikeZ to forgive me not going up north and fixing his turbo car.
(cause I should of made time to help him more)

And BBQ Sunday night. Kick back looking over the bay and watch the sun go down....

Sweet.......

Clayton

And wishing I was with the crew at RRC.
LowGT
Work on Friday.

Then cleaning garage so I have room to remove engine/trans. My 2.0 should be ready for pickup on Wednesday, so I want to get a jump start on everything to have it finished for the weekend. smile.gif

Then it can legally be driven on the road for the first time in 5 years. smile.gif
mrdezyne
work half day on Friday, kart race Friday night, let see.... oh yeah, flying to Maui and getting married on the beach Monday morning, then finding a hammock and drinking mia-tias till my toes are numb... SEE YOU ALL IN A WEEK!!!
tdgray
Gonna rain here all weekend mad.gif

Guess I will clean the garage and do some work on the cars.

Gotta change the oil in the Subby.
erikstoll
Girlfriend coming to town, so some re-organizing at my place, helping a buddy move on sat and then a german car show on sunday in placerville calif, as well a trip to IKEA in sacramento... yay..
RS22b
im still wishing i were able to go to the RRC!

Fri: auto-x and order up my turbo tie rods
Sat: work on the 95' L/ STi - finish up the steering work and drive it!
Sun: help ptravnic put his motor in his car and sell some of my teener parts and pick up a set of wheels for it!

next week new tires, mount and balance, brakes and tie rod install and then i can drive the teener whenever i want, until the winter storage comes!
KaptKaos
Friday, hopefully get out of the office early, head home, make some cocktails and clean up a set of 6x15 5-lug fuchs I just picked up. Prolly gonna sell em.

Saturday, yard work, wash & wax teener. Maybe install the jwest trunk hinges. Get some french dip sammiches at Phillipe's in downtown LA.

Sunday, church, football, veg, wash, rinse, repeat.
G e o r g e
QUOTE(KaptKaos @ Sep 22 2006, 08:42 AM) *

french dip sammiches at Phillipe's in downtown LA.

That does sound good, and some of their potato salad chowtime.gif
Brad Roberts
George,

This has to be the FUNNIEST "thread" I have seen started in awhile

Sometimes the amount of "push" is a little overwhelming for some of these events.

Funny that you started a counter thread!! ..LOL

B
VaccaRabite
I am going shooting saturday. Its my bachellor party, and I have been in the attic re-loading for the past 3 days for it... After shooting, we will come back to my house, and the party will lift up the car while I put it on the rotisserie. We may also change out the brake pads on my subaru, if we descide to get really crazy.

Then grilling and beer.

Steamed crabs on sunday.

My weekend is going to ROCK!

Zach
StratPlayer
I was going to start a thread almost the same, but as I'm here (at the RRC) no need to....weather has been ...how do you say in English...."Bothersome"...but it is nothing that casdorresses hasn't been able to fix............BTW the hottub is 'clothing optional" after 2am at the hotel......

Brad....they have figured out that "Anomonous" isn't you......... smile.gif

From The Archway Inn in Moab......... Not Stratpayer.........
markb
work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work
Spoke
Hopefully paint my 5 lug fake Fuchs. Still doin' some stripping on them.

Swapped wheels from the green car to the red car yesterday. Will sell the red car with fake Fuchs and an extra set of Azenis on black rims.

Mount the rear spoiler on the green car.

Maybe weld the holes from the now removed rear "PORSCHE" reflector.

Spoke
TravisNeff
windsheild replacement today, then a BBQ in the afternoon. Tomorrow it autocross day at phoenix muni - gonna stop by for a little bit.
BKLA
QUOTE(DNHunt @ Sep 21 2006, 05:31 PM) *

Soccer, football and honeydos

Dave

owned.gif
Joe Bob
Oil cooler install, valve adjustment, ref football games....got the new pond fired up....getting the plants in, landscape work.....
drewvw

oil change and jeep cleanup. football tomorrow and some other stuff....
KaptKaos
QUOTE(mikez @ Sep 23 2006, 08:44 AM) *

.got the new pond fired up....getting the plants in, landscape work.....

You gonna stock that thing? chairfall.gif
Joe Bob
Yup....Koi. The monsters have been asking for an Aquarium. Not the same but it's out of the house.....
HeloMech
Questions:

Where's that rear spoiler from on the green car? I like that!!

Not really a question, THAT POND ROCKS! SOME day when I hit the lottery and can actually BUY a place in California (or move the h*ll out) I will have a pond/fountain. I have a small one from Homey The Dope out front.

so then, I guess the only question... where do I get one of those rear spoilers? smile.gif

Oh yeah, I just flew in from Arkansas last night after a week back there. Blah! Going to the swapmeet today, then back to do more polishing on my wheels. Might change oil and filter too. weeeeee
Allan
QUOTE(mikez @ Sep 23 2006, 08:44 AM) *

got the new pond fired up....getting the plants in, landscape work.....

Neighbors will prolly bitch about that as well. dry.gif
KaptKaos
QUOTE(HeloMech @ Sep 23 2006, 09:10 AM) *

Going to the swapmeet today

Swapmeet? Where?
rhodyguy
now that a 3 month burn ban has been lifted, i put the flame to 3 months worth of yard waste, prunning, and hazelnut tree logs this am. the pile was 6'+ tall and 8' in diameter. just doing my part to contribute to global dimming.

k
Brando
QUOTE(mrdezyne @ Sep 22 2006, 07:39 AM) *
work half day on Friday, kart race Friday night, let see.... oh yeah, flying to Maui and getting married on the beach Monday morning, then finding a hammock and drinking mia-tias till my toes are numb... SEE YOU ALL IN A WEEK!!!

Our Condolences...

lol2.gif
brp914
lessee, there 3.2 L in there somewhere wacko.gif
HeloMech
The every weekend swapmeet at the OC fairgrounds. $2 to get in unless you have military ID, then it's free. I ended up ordering one of those dashmat covers for my 914. PO covered all the splits and cracks with electrical tape and the part up near the windshield is pulling out. Cheap/temp fix is the dashmat. I'll pick it up on tuesday and with tax it was $32.
Howard
QUOTE(George H. @ Sep 22 2006, 09:09 AM) *

QUOTE(KaptKaos @ Sep 22 2006, 08:42 AM) *

french dip sammiches at Phillipe's in downtown LA.

That does sound good, and some of their potato salad chowtime.gif

Double dip mine and don't spare the mustard. Damn that sounds good...
Spoke
QUOTE(HeloMech @ Sep 23 2006, 12:10 PM) *

The spoiler is from Pelican. It had a slight imperfection on the "E" and was on sale for $40, normally about $100-120. I will be covering up the "PORSCHE" on the spoiler since the letters on the engine grill already say "PORSCHE".

I did a pond a few years ago in the back yard. Lower pond size is 10x20ft, upper pond is 5x7ft. Ponds are easy these days. Get a preformed tub or rubber liner and dig a hole. For my lower pond, I used a 20x30ft liner. Costly little bugger at $1 per sqft.

Spoke
HeloMech
QUOTE(Spoke @ Sep 23 2006, 03:26 PM) *

QUOTE(HeloMech @ Sep 23 2006, 12:10 PM) *

The spoiler is from Pelican. It had a slight imperfection on the "E" and was on sale for $40, normally about $100-120. I will be covering up the "PORSCHE" on the spoiler since the letters on the engine grill already say "PORSCHE".

I did a pond a few years ago in the back yard. Lower pond size is 10x20ft, upper pond is 5x7ft. Ponds are easy these days. Get a preformed tub or rubber liner and dig a hole. For my lower pond, I used a 20x30ft liner. Costly little bugger at $1 per sqft.

Spoke

Ponds are only easy these days when you have a place to put them.. lol.
bryanc
let's see.....

Today I went to the PCA autocross school to instruct since some members of the local contingent were at the RRC and not here (who....hmmmmm)

Tommorrow, the first AX. I gotta get my brakes bled tonight on the 914-4 since this morning the pedal made that metal-striking-metal sound..... ugh.
Lou W
I cleaned my garage today, and got some more parts down from the attic to send out to get powder coated. Tomorow I'm gonna sit in my garage and stare at my car. blink.gif and have a beer beer.gif
Allan
I decided that I would donate the day as a honey do day.

Ended up spending 6 grand on furniture.... dry.gif

The good news is, my son kicked his do nothing wife out....

(Some of you have met him and know he's a good kid)!!!!!!!!
rick 918-S
I sulked about the Titan, I worked on wiring in the garage, I'm going out to the lake tomorrow to pull the dock out of the water. It's going to be cold!
HeloMech
Pull the dock out of the water? People actually DO that? Is it a floating dock? I'm SOO confused.

Also, $6k on furniture? Holy Crap... you know how many 914 parts that could have been?????? lol
Lou W
QUOTE(HeloMech @ Sep 23 2006, 08:09 PM) *

Pull the dock out of the water? People actually DO that? Is it a floating dock? I'm SOO confused.
huh.gif

Also, $6k on furniture? Holy Crap... you know how many 914 parts that could have been?????? lol

Wow, That could have bought you a 6.
Elliot_Cannon
I'm on Maui. Post some pics later. It was... RRC? Maui? RRC? Maui? I was torn but I think I made the right decision. At least my wife thinks so.
Aloha, Elliot
Trevorg7
Soccer dad.

Piper, my 9 year old daughter, plays comp soccer. We travelled and won (4-0) the tourney.

Next time...

T
neo914-6
went to James memorial Saturday and quick sight see at Half Moon Bay...

then fill, fiberglass, grind metal, dremel plastic, fit parts, ordered mufflers, and bought parts, metal, and hardware for neo914 wacko.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.