Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Triad; First 12 miles
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
redshift
HOLY FUCKING CRAP!

smilie_pokal.gif

WAY TO GO DAVE!! KNOCKED ME OUT MAN!

We now return to our regularly scheduled program.

M
redshift
Addendum to HFC:

Man, this thing is a low flying UFO, it flat out rumbles the hell out of traffic, but it's not harsh, no ping,

Balls is all. Awesome. My favorite "non-suspension" upgrade. The engine responds better, the tq curve moved up very slightly, and you can't hear any nasty 'valve' mimics, none exists anymore.

Cheap? Not super. Expensive? Not really.

If I had heard... and driven this before I bought it, I'd have been willing to pay more, it's just that awesome.

Thanks to Chris, and Sean for pushing me in the right direction: Mission Accomplished.

M
Mueller
so in other words, it no longer sounds like a VW bug??? smile.gif
machina
I felt exactly the same - HFC when I put my triad headers and exhaust on the car. Truly transforms the whole driving experience. I was almost embaressed by the monza exhast VW bug sound that I had before.

Actually, before I got the triad, I couldn't take it anymore and took the whole muffler off leaving just the 4 pipes from the heat exchangers.

Now that was HFC LOUD. Sounded like a cessna at takeoff, cept louder by 10. People would turn around an look if you were into the throttle even a little bit. But it was fun while it lasted. Of course the power was less than with the proper equal length 4=>1 header but it was only temporary.

enjoy,
dave
Rouser
I know how you feel ...

I love starting the car and, when the idle settles to a low rumble, just sitting there listening to it before launching myself in whatever direction I'm heading.

SCHWEET ...
Andyrew
I hate not having any money!
Sound like they are the best of the best, and I have wanted one for oh 6 months! But my cash flow doesnt agree. Great to hear that it sounds and preforms the way its suposed to!
Buy my stuff! sad.gif

Andrew
redshift
Few more miles on it, it's very nice. I have 647 miles on this motor, and it's waking up!

smilie_pokal.gif

The third valve adjust went perfect, and only one valve needed a tweak. This muffler on this motor is a monster...

boldblue.gif

I bought my first 914 around 22 years ago, I haven't been this excited since my first ride with the wheel in my hand.

Damnit this thing wub.gif is what I wanted!

M
redshift
QUOTE(Mueller @ Oct 29 2003, 07:24 PM)
so in other words, it no longer sounds like a VW bug??? smile.gif

mad.gif

Nope.

finger.gif

now, go draw a black billet valance..

wink.gif

M
ChrisReale
Glad you are satisfied. beerchug.gif The cool thing is, you are supporting a guy who is making 914 product and is not part of a corporation. In otha words, he does it outta love. Those Triads sound pretty mean on a 911 as well......... ph34r.gif
Mueller
The cool thing is, you are supporting a guy who is making 914 product and is not part of a corporation. In otha words, he does it outta love. Those Triads sound pretty mean on a 911 as well.........

I don't think any of us is part of a corporation smile.gif

It's gotta be love, 'cause I know I could make more money working at In-in-Out Burger making milkshakes than making metal chips in my garage smash.gif

Are all Triad exhaust systems dual in, dual out??

I'm running a European Racing header and have yet to get a muffler (the turbo was going to be my muffler.... )
ChrisReale
Dont know what your talking about Mike wink.gif Dual in dual out, I believe.
They are making a muffler for the header systems like European racing as we speak. I want to look into it. I have a Euro racing muffler, and it is sounds good, but it is starting to rust already sad.gif
TimT
FWIW I think the triads are crude, like a bunch of cherry bombs welded together.

They do however work quite well
rhodyguy
besides my extra 2.0 ss he.s. guess what the new red car is getting. ssshhh, we don't want every one to get one. for about $150 or so more why bother with a bursch? wait till you header guys see dave's setup with his final. wub.gif

kevin

crude? wtfayta. they are nothing like the e.r.'s. with his 914-6 headers you don't have to screw with the linkage.
Scott Carlberg
We're talking about Triad mufflers here, right?

Got any pics of these beauties????
rhodyguy
if you contact/talk to dave, ask him about a "final" for what ever your pleasure is. it's a complete unit that bolts up to your h.e.'s (2.0 type only, no 1.7 or 1.8). just do a search for "triad". there should be lots of pictures.

kevin
redshift
Tomorrow, when I get the Jack-o-lantern on my car, I'll get some pics.

There is a pic of Sean's car in a thread a week and a half ago.

M
machina
here's mine, but the regular muffler for the heat exchangers looks totally different.

dave
r_towle
I cannot find anything regarding Triad mufflers for porsche cars.
Lots of Tirad web sites, but not related to porsches.
Is there a link, and if so can we post it in the links/parts area???

Rich
Gary
http://www.triadwestperformance.com/
roundboy914
Yes, this header system rocks. I just picked up my car on sunday, with new engine, and so i have not been able to open her up yet sad.gif . But after i get the first 500 miles on, it will kick some azz. As for the sound, i started the engine, got out of the car, and looked to see who else had started their car, as mine sounded entirely different, and STRONG. smile.gif
ChrisReale
SynthesisDV, Is that muffler loud? It looks like it is brutal
redshift
Yeah it does.

boldblue.gif

I want some more exhausts.

M
machina
chris,

It is pretty loud for the street but we only registered in the low to mid 90's at our last event at sebring. They are pretty strict with sound control.

There is a resonance from 2500 => 3500 that is very annoying. On the track I wear earplugs.

Keep in mind that I have the headers and the glasspack muffler. The normal triad for the stock heat exchangers has good sound from what I hear without being too loud for the street.

dr
Mark Henry
Pulled this off the net a while back.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.