Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Show your Silver shades Please
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
drive-ability
Show your Silver shades Please, looking to be sure of my decision. If you have a silver shade post your ride. beerchug.gif
Lou W
Here's some;

btw, they're not mine
Allan
burble
East coaster
2005 Carerra GT silver:

Click to view attachment
tradisrad
IPB Image
byndbad914
was checking out this car at the Patrick site they are doing for a guy down your way - color is Hot Hues "Silva". Looks pretty nice on the monitor.

http://www.patrickmotorsports.com/cgi-bin/...llery&id=21

Just don't forget to remind yourself the color looks like it does ON YOUR SCREEN WITH YOUR SCREEN SETTINGS - real color could be quite different in terms of darker/brighter, etc based on your monitor settings. I assume you are just looking for the jist of what the color will generally look like on the car.

When it comes down to picking the actual silver, or the actual whatever you decide on, just have to get with your painter buddy, go thru color charts, pick and then double check when he mixes it up and pops the lid for the first time.

I have dual monitors here at work, funny to see the difference between digital and regular inputs (box has only one digital output). Same exact monitor model for both, and I have a pic of my own car as the background (egotistical in some way I am sure) and the white on the fiberglass fenders looks bright on the digital one, not so glossy on the other.
Air_Cooled_Nut
Why was my post deleted? confused24.gif
drive-ability
This decision has been a bit*ch, I really like a lot of colors and now Silver is another.
jim912928
The very first silver car that has the silver top/valences/side rockers (guy in the gold tshirt and shiny head!) is mine. It is painted in Porsche Arctic Silver.
Air_Cooled_Nut
So would a slight pearl help give the paint a better silver look? I don't know much about automotive paint so I don't know where the pearl would be applied. Just want to find a way to give the paint a more silver look than grey.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.