Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: wish me luck and prayers, getting a 914 in IA
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
jimkelly
I am leaving VA today at 5pm - taking I70w, I76w, and then I80w for a few miles : )

Picking up a 2 owner 1975 2.0L
nomore9one4
Good luck Jim!! keep us posted. Bob smile.gif
autohausdolby
We need roadtrip style photos asap! smile.gif
Spoke
Good luck with your new 914. Kinda like having another kid in the house.

Hope you have better luck than my bud at work. He bought a 67 VW bus in Chicago last month and "tried" to drive it to NJ. After about 30 miles on the freeway, it started to overheat badly and he pulled over.

He said it didn't overheat while test driving it around town for an hour. The vehicle is still outside of Chicago at a auto repair shop waiting for a nationwide carrier to transport it home. It did fire back up after cooling down but he didn't want to risk driving it any further.

I'm not extremely familiar with air cooled engines. What would cause high speed overheating when low speed temps are ok?

Spoke

type47
driving.gif

good luck, have fun!
JmuRiz
Good luck with the pickup, say hi to DesMoines for me (I was born there).
Dr Evil
I assume this one actually drives? wink.gif Your wife must be pleased biggrin.gif

Good luck man!
bd1308

I'm not extremely familiar with air cooled engines. What would cause high speed overheating when low speed temps are ok?

Spoke

Timing was too much on the retard side....Would take me about ten minutes to fix. But then again I carry ALL of my tools with me all the time.

b
byndbad914
QUOTE(JmuRiz @ Sep 22 2006, 09:42 AM) *

Good luck with the pickup, say hi to DesMoines for me (I was born there).

Me too! 'Course the trend is to get out of Des Moines apparently biggrin.gif Good luck on the drive - look honey, corn and cows..... look honey, more corn and cows.... what is that smell? Pigs and cows... look honey, more corn and cows.... yawn.gif
byndbad914
QUOTE(Spoke @ Sep 22 2006, 09:15 AM) *

Spoke

First guess would be a lean condition under load/higher rpm. Might idle rich even and go lean under load.
jimkelly
I'm back - left VA at about 5pm friday and got back today sunday about 5pm - over 2,000 miles. Did not bring camera - took this pick as soon as I got home.

oh yeah - thanks to david lee's tow bar mount - mounted quickly and worked flawlesly : )
nomore9one4
Nice score Jim! smile.gif
type47
smiley_notworthy.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.