Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT: Richard Hammond Crash
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
jhadler
Just caught this.

I know a lot of you really like Top Gear, and it's hosts (as do I), so I was quite bummed to read about this. Richard is really funny guy, and I hope he pulls thrugh this okay. With his sense of humor, I wouldn't be surprised if the crash footage ultimately makes the show with him narrating the whole thing.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/5371556.stm

-Josh2
Scott Carlberg
(slight hijack)

does anyone watch Top Gear here in the states?
IF so,
HOW????

Directions, please!
anthony
Top Gear was on Discovery Channel for a while. Mostly I download episodes off the net.
jhadler
I've been trying to figure out how to get ahold of BBC broadcasts of the show ever since #$%^ Discovery Channel nixed it.

Yeah, if anyone has a source for the show for us poor deprived yanks, we'd be ever so greatful.

Apparently it's THE most pirated TV show in the world... More than survivor, more than lost, more than desperate housewives...

-Josh2
Scott Carlberg
QUOTE(anthony @ Sep 22 2006, 09:36 AM) *

Top Gear was on Discovery Channel for a while. Mostly I download episodes off the net.

..Yeah I get that,
my question is HOW to do that! lol
ptravnic
There's quite a few spots on youtube. just search "top gear" include the quotes......

howardchen327
I had only post few times...anyway here is the link you can download TopGear from:

(1)Fist you need bit torrent software:

www.bitcomet.com (it is currently down at the mean time)

try www.download.com and search for "bitcomet"

(2) Following is a torrent file search engine site. Just type in "top gear" in the search bar:

Here is the link

I'm a super topgear fan...currently I have year 90~93, 2002~2006. Took me a long time to download them, but worth it!

Hope this helps
turboman808
Yeah bit torrent worked for me.
dlee1967
After the time off, "the hampsters" teeth will be whiter than ever!

If you know the show you will know what I mean.

If you don't know the show, you will think I am a heartless bastard.

Downloading the show with bittorrents does take a while but they are worth it. I loved the one about the 1500 pound Porsches or the 10K pound mid engined Italian supercars. Why don't we have a show like this in the States?

DLee

You can download the shows at this link if you have a bitTorrent program. http://www.finalgear.com/shows/topgear/

They are large!
jhadler
I'm on a steep learning curve here, but is there a bit torrent program available for Mac OSX?

I'd love to start getting Top Gear again. The only car show that my wife and I could enjoy together, equally! She liked it as much as I did.

-Josh2
fiid
QUOTE(jhadler @ Sep 22 2006, 01:49 PM) *

I'm on a steep learning curve here, but is there a bit torrent program available for Mac OSX?

I'd love to start getting Top Gear again. The only car show that my wife and I could enjoy together, equally! She liked it as much as I did.

-Josh2

BitTorrent is most definately available for the mac. You can get it from bittorrent.com.

wbergtho
Sorry to see the "hamster" banged up like that. At the hospital, I heard Jeremy Clarkson made an insulting remark about his driving skills and he returned a smile.
bondo
Update
fiid
Clarkson, speaking at length for the first time since Hammond crashed a jet-propelled dragster at 300mph while filming for the car programme, wrote in his Sun column: "In the wee small hours of Thursday night ... Richard Hammond suddenly sat up in bed, opened his eyes and asked what had happened.

"'You've been in a car accident,' I said. 'Was I driving like a twat?' he asked, before getting out of bed and walking shakily to the lavatory."

chairfall.gif That's seriously funny - and really good news. Sounds like he'll be allright after some TLC.
Scott Carlberg
THANKS for the Top Gear downloading help. clap56.gif

glad to hear Hammond is doing better.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.