Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: If you ever do a Porsche six conversion....remember too.....
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Joe Bob
GRIND DOWN THE VALVE COVERS!!!!! headbang.gif headbang.gif headbang.gif headbang.gif headbang.gif headbang.gif headbang.gif headbang.gif headbang.gif headbang.gif headbang.gif
vincesix
[b][size=1][size=7]adjust the shifter.
Root_Werks
Yup, depends on the way things were mounted though. Stock VC's shouldn't require it.

Best way to do the "turbo" covers is to install the engine without them on. Then grind down just enough of the fins that you can slip the cover past the susp ear/mount.

I take it you have some turbo's on your 914 Z? biggrin.gif
Joe Bob
Ohhh, that helps.....had to do a partial engine drop to pull the covers so I can do a valve adjustment....now I gotta grind and re-install......ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Joe Bob
QUOTE(Root_Werks @ Sep 22 2006, 12:01 PM) *

Yup, depends on the way things were mounted though. Stock VC's shouldn't require it.

Best way to do the "turbo" covers is to install the engine without them on. Then grind down just enough of the fins that you can slip the cover past the susp ear/mount.

I take it you have some turbo's on your 914 Z? biggrin.gif

Ahem......um, yes.... headbang.gif headbang.gif headbang.gif headbang.gif headbang.gif headbang.gif headbang.gif
Brad Roberts
Sorry.. this one makes me laugh my ASS off!!!

Come one.. everyone can convert a 914...LOL

B
Root_Werks
I know you knew, I just like to explain it. screwy.gif
Joe Bob
HEY...this was an install that I did not do....gimme some credit.....it's the famous unfinished project that has some "issues"....

I just put the car on the lift....opened the box of my oil cooler parts and saw a -10AN thermostat....I ordered a FUCKING -12AN.....then I looked at the turbo valve covers and then I noticed....no grind marks.....fuck me.......

Had to do the partial drop, ratchet belt it over and slip them off....of course I forgot to disconnect the godammned trans/ground strap...that went POP....but otherwise it's better than being at work....it's a good thing the guns are in the gunsafe other wise I would be taking potshots at things, while taking pulls off a Bud and alternating with Jack Daniels.....
736conver
Thats what you get for getting that car so cheap. wink.gif

They were on when I got the engine. Didnt even notice, I did it to the 2.2 that I had in there
Joe Bob
Didya hear me say "Phooieee" this morning? Ya shoulda been here......I'm better now...... I had lunch.....

I think I'll take BAD TUB out and try to run over Sea Gulls.

I'm glad you talked me out of driving it from WI to CA.....it will be good when sorted out...it's the little nigglyshit that is time consuming....
Joe Bob
Ok....back from the drive and missed all the sea gulls....waiting on the UPS guy for the correct parts and I'm on my way......glad I didn't commit to RRC....
JPB
Me likes your avatar but your posts are by far more intense!!!

popcorn[1].gif Good show mate!
Joe Bob
Thanks...the club pays me to do this shit....
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.