Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: two FACTORY GTs recently in intercontinental deals?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Gustl
I just got some information that two factory GTs recently sold intercontinental:

914.0.43.2542 - '70 Marathon de la Route GT #2
original Porsche 914-6 GT - "Porsche Werkswagen"

IPB Image

just sold from Miles Collier to Germany

914.1.43.0141 - '71 Monte Carlo GT #1
original Porsche 914-6 GT - "Porsche Werkswagen"

IPB Image

just sold from Germany to Miles Collier, USA

does anybody know more about this rumor?
any details?
any facts?

or all just bs.gif

wavey.gif Gustl
Brad Roberts
I cant read your Ebay stuff..LOL

B
Gustl
QUOTE(Brad Roberts @ Sep 22 2006, 09:44 PM) *

I cant read your Ebay stuff..LOL

any special interests idea.gif

IPB Image Gustl
Gustl
icon_bump.gif
bd1308
I'm intrested, I'm special....I'm listening

blink.gif
John
The #2 car will (in my mind) remain the Miles Collier GT. Since I saw it for the first time at MidOhio in 1985, I have always loved the flared cars.

From what I read, the #1, and the #3 cars were outfitted with more powerful race engines than the #2 car was (originally).

I also read that when Collier bought the car it was in rather rough condition.
URY914
When Miles first open his musuem in Naples FL in 1988 I worked there. I also went to Road Atlanta with the team for a weekend of vintage racing. He use to drive the GT the most because he said he could get parts for it if something happended.

I'll have to call him and ask about the sale. (just kidding, don't think he'd remember me)
sixnotfour
When Miles first open his musuem in Naples FL in 1988 I worked there. I also went to Road Atlanta with the team for a weekend of vintage racing. He use to drive the GT the most because he said he could get parts for it if something happended.

I'll have to call him and ask about the sale. (just kidding, don't think he'd remember me)

I went to the museum and it was awesome , drove from disneyland to naples trying to get there before it closed, got the license plate, the video ,made my own video ,took a bunch of stills, Nice place.

Ury, they told me most of the staff were volunteers.

wonder how much it sold for , being a factory GT,with great race history.
gregrobbins
QUOTE(URY914 @ Sep 23 2006, 04:24 AM) *

Heard the museum is no longer open to the public. I understand they have an outstanding collection of Porsche race cars. I've hear it has something like five or six 917s. The 908 they send the the Monterey Historics a couple years ago was beautiful!
URY914
QUOTE(gregrobbins @ Sep 23 2006, 08:08 AM) *

QUOTE(URY914 @ Sep 23 2006, 04:24 AM) *

Heard the museum is no longer open to the public. I understand they have an outstanding collection of Porsche race cars. I've hear it has something like five or six 917s. The 908 they send the the Monterey Historics a couple years ago was beautiful!

There is more mis-info out there about the place than ever. It is closed to the public although some groups are allowed in for tours. PCA, etc...

When I was there he had 2 917's. Doubt if there were ever 5 or 6.
ein 6er
gustl,

i found this , 71 monte carlo, but they say it's #140.

know anything about the others?
Gustl
QUOTE(ein 6er @ Sep 24 2006, 06:15 PM) *

gustl,

i found this , 71 monte carlo, but they say it's #140.

know anything about the others?

yepp

#0139 = '71 Monte GT #7 - destroyed by the factory in 1972

#0140 = '71 Monte GT #17 - later became the ONS security car, got restored to '71 Monte spec recently and was sold recently - new owner unknown till now (at least for me)

#0141 = '71 Monte GT #1 - completely restored to '71 Monte spec last year - recently sold in germany - now heard that rumor that it's sold to the USA

wavey.gif Gustl
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.