Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: wiring woes
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
hedgehog
I've been trying to hunt down shorts in my "project" '72....fried a couple of wires off the headlight switch, but I figured out what went wrong there ( crossed wires on the fog switch) and got those replaced.....now the headlights stay up when I turn every thing off and the lights don't come on at all....I took apart the headlight switch (ala the tech files on the pelican sight) couldn't see anything wrong such as a burnt connection or anything, put it back together and the lights are doing the same thing ! any ideas would be appreciated
ptravnic
Maybe the headlight relays are shorted or not grounded?

hedgehog
QUOTE(ptravnic @ Sep 22 2006, 01:24 PM) *

Maybe the headlight relays are shorted or not grounded?

checked the grounds, brushed with sandpaper and still the same thing....then on a hunch I switched the two wires (green and gray) that go to the headlight motor and that worked....it made me think the wires from the switch were in the wrong place but accourding to the wiring diagrahm everything was where it should be...don't know what to think about that one...
SGB

QUOTE(hedgehog @ Sep 22 2006, 05:58 PM) *

it made me think the wires from the switch were in the wrong place but accourding to the wiring diagrahm everything was where it should be...don't know what to think about that one...

alfred.gif
sometimes I feel like this kinda shi* only happens to me.
I'm sorry but thanks for your suffering.

Probably the diagram IS wrong...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.