Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Suspect website
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
JB 914
www.kochracingengines.com

I was informed by a club friend that a member of another board was purchasing something thru the above site. I was told the payment was requested via money order made out to "Steve Stromberg"

The address is close to stromberg.gif

The website looks very similar to type 4 parts dot com owned by stromberg.gif

If this is true beware not to step in the stromberg.gif

I hearby "RELEASE THE HOUNDS" to to uncover the truth.

popcorn[1].gif
Brando
rhodyguy should chime in soon...
Allan
Is that onions I smell? idea.gif
Mark Henry
If it is we all know whats going to happen hitfan[1].gif
rhodyguy
ever notice a horrid smell after walking across lawn at night, and getting into your car? if it smells like shit, it usually is. nice catch joe!!! i'll be watching thesamba for this latest incarnation and giving everett the heads up. the pooper is banned. at least twice.

k
TravisNeff
Whois says:

Registrant:
David Koch
2315 Sants Ana St
Costa Mesa, California 92627
United States

Registered through: GoDaddy.com, Inc. (http://www.godaddy.com)
Domain Name: KOCHRACINGENGINES.COM
Created on: 03-Nov-05
Expires on: 04-Nov-06
Last Updated on: 04-Dec-05

Administrative Contact:
Koch, David leroy@hawaiicity.com
2315 Santa Ana St
United States
9498870855 Fax --

Technical Contact:
Koch, David leroy@Hawaiicity.com
2315 Santa Ana St
United States
9495570855 Fax --

Domain servers in listed order:
NS.ESOLVED.COM
NS2.ESOLVED.COM
TravisNeff
AHA!

Excerpt from the small block chevy page

"Built right here at Type 4 Parts by our Master Machinest John Edwards."

http://www.kochracingengines.com/pd_427.cfm
rhodyguy
odd, the website implies the co is located in newport beach. dry.gif . costa mesa is on my watch list. the feedback threads at thesamba are a hoot. outed again...it must suck to be him. i have to admit something about the onion. the big valve heads are swell. after i spent the better part of $300 @ Northwest Connecting Rod in seattle. then i bought some of the new amc casting heads from jake. somebody...kill me...PLEASE!!

k
JB 914
QUOTE(Travis Neff @ Sep 22 2006, 02:59 PM) *

Whois says:

Technical Contact:
Koch, David leroy@Hawaiicity.com
2315 Santa Ana St
United States
9495570855 Fax --

Domain servers in listed order:
NS.ESOLVED.COM
NS2.ESOLVED.COM

That is blocks from his house. this guy Koch may not know about Steve. Or he might. I don't know. I just know someone i trust passed on the information in my original post. If it is :stomberg: i don't want anyone else to get sheeplove.gif

RE: the small block page. Clayton aka twstd1 is friends with John Edwards and i'm having him do some work on my V8 rebuild too. Don't let the hitfan[1].gif spray on the innocent. stromberg.gif claimed he had some of my engine work done by John and that proved to be false. He just charged me for the work. John had never seen my motor.
TravisNeff
I wasn't meaning to bag on Edwards - I have know idea who he is. It was the "Built right here at Type4 parts" what I was trying to illustrate
JB 914
QUOTE(Travis Neff @ Sep 22 2006, 03:20 PM) *

I wasn't meaning to bag on Edwards - I have know idea who he is. It was the "Built right here at Type4 parts" what I was trying to illustrate

I didn't think you were. i'm just trying to protect the folks that are innocent. if you google map that domain address you can throw a rock from that house to strombergs
rhodyguy
someone in the area should drive by that Superior St addy in Newport Beach and see if it's a p.o. box affair. i glanced at the koch site under 914 and fuel injection. that emerald setup that steve was representing is featured. check your shoes before you get in the car. you never know until it's too late.

k
JB 914
that's a business park address in NB. lots of little office parks and stuff. i did a google earth on it and i'm familar with the area. It's close to HOAG Hospital and Triangle Square. a few miles from his last know address.

i'm sure the stromberg.gif doesn't want any hint of his name associated with the site. But, once you get that skunk smell on something, it's impossible to get it off.
rhodyguy
look at you!!! next step is for a sharp cookie with the skills, to do a search in the state of CA for records concerning a business licence, tax number, and/or letters of incorporation for koch.

k
JB 914
I'm done. It has been identified as stromberg.gif as far as i'm concerned. anyone who deals with them after this warning deserves what they get. Which will be a big pile of stromberg.gif

Twystd1
i HAVE INFO...!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PLEASE STOP POSTING ON THIS THREAD. WAIT AN HOUR FOR ME...

PLEASE.

looks like we have a engine builder that got fucked by stromberg.

Gimme an hour and I will have more info......

Clayton

NEWS:

I have more data. (not verified yet) Give me ten minutes to wite a report.
Twystd1
OK,

I have news. the problem is that I haven't verified all of it yet. And I hate posting suppositions. That leads to crazy innaccurate analysis and bad vibes.

So I am going to post what I have heard so far. don't take this info as Gospel. it might take me a couple of days to verify all of this.

I really have to watch what I say here. Good men can be harmed so easily.

It happened to John Edwards. I don't want to see this happen again.

1: I called John Edwards as my first phone call.
I asked him if had heard anything about Stromburg lately. he told me some guy had called him looking for Stromburg. He got burned on some parts that never showed up. And he is local in Costa mesa.
The mans name is David Koch.

2: Apparently David Koch is the either the owner of Kochracingengines or has something to do with it. (absolutely not verified)

3: David Koch used to work at fat. (not verified)

4: Stromburg designed the Koch web site. Hence that is why it looks like Stromburgs old site and has John Edwards posted as the machinist.
The Koch site looks almost exactly like the old Type4 web site that Stromburg used to have. (not verified)

5: The Santa Ana address is Davids home address. (not verified)

6: David told John Edwards that he was approached by stromburg to build him a web site and help him get air some cooled bussiness. (not verified)

7) Started to call my local bros. A couple of the fellas had heard of him. Nothign bad said about him. So far. I will know much more tommorrow about David. I know my friends will know all about him.

8: David may be an unwitting player in this. i will find out for sure. I have a phone call into David now. I am waiting for a return phone call. problem is I have his shop number. I will try to get his home or cell after I write this.

9: There is NO DOUBT in my mind that this is a Stromburg Incident.

10: Jake. you want in? you have my number.

Twystd1
cnavarro
I've tried calling Jake - he must still be at the hospital with his dad.

I pulled the source code for type4parts.com off the internet way back machine archive and the html tags and huge sections of copied text from various websites looks familiar between turd's site and this new site, which would make sense if he had paid turd to do it.

I guess I should be flattered that a section of my web site was in there. Same with Jake's site (and store).

This guy must not know what he has in his store, since there are aluminum nikasil cylinders listed that were a result of my refusing to sell to turd.
Twystd1
Charles,

Jake and I go way back on this subject matter. it's too long of a story to post here. In fact the previous turd incident is how I met Jake.

A couple of my motorcycle friends with interesting patches on their attire are doing some due diligence as i write this.

More will be revealed.

Even my surf buddy's are looking for the Turd now. Cause he thinks he is a surfer of some repute. (not...and thats verified)

I wish i could say what i think here. it's just not prudent from a litigous perspective.

I need to shut up now before I say something stupid.

if ya need me. call me...949*232* 3873

Twystd1
Twystd1
And Steve,
If you are reading this....

Game on.......

rhodyguy
you get people looking for you because you're a bad (like not good)surfer? 1%s? zoiks!

imagine being a business owner who just hires a guy to set up a website. the guy you hire has *bagage*, and you're caught in the switches. rough.

i don't understand the whole dual address thing. newport-santa ana?

k
Twystd1
One address is biz.

One address is home.

Twystd1
Dr Evil
Oooo, this is gettin juicy popcorn[1].gif

Cant wait to see if the villian gets crushed by the good guys and their extended Clayton network.
Twystd1
Mr.Koch and I will probably be meeting tommorrow bout 11:00 am.

I will let you know what transpires.

I am looking for facts. Not a story.

I'm out for the next 3-4 hours...

Twystd1

Twystd1
rhodyguy
clayton is hooking up with the *boss* tomorrow. haha. imstbss.

k

JB 914
QUOTE(rhodyguy @ Sep 22 2006, 07:34 PM) *

i don't understand the whole dual address thing. newport-santa ana?

k

Newport Beach and Costa Mesa are right next to each other. The boarder snakes around where one street you are in Costa Mesa and the next you are in Newport Beach. He probably registered the site to his house in Costa Mesa and the address on the site is his office/business in Newport Beach. The two are only a few miles apart. That area of superior has alot of small businesses revoled around machine shops, parts, ect. lot's of small businesses in that area.

I shall await Clayton's report.

popcorn[1].gif
914dds
Damn, You guys are good !
StratPlayer
I'd hate to piss anyone off on here......

(not stratplayer)
JB 914
pissing someone off is one thing. commiting fraud is another. stromberg.gif commited fraud.

Latin fraud-, fraus
1 a : DECEIT, TRICKERY; specifically : intentional perversion of truth in order to induce another to part with something of value or to surrender a legal right b : an act of deceiving or misrepresenting : TRICK
2 a : a person who is not what he or she pretends to be : IMPOSTOR; also : one who defrauds : CHEAT b : one that is not what it seems or is represented to be

I think that is a pretty accurate description of how stromberg.gif does business.

I am just trying to help out club members from being ripped off too.
Lou W
popcorn[1].gif
pete-stevers
the world i such a small place.....
it never ceases to amaze me!!!
popcorn[1].gif popcorn[1].gif popcorn[1].gif popcorn[1].gif popcorn[1].gif popcorn[1].gif
Twystd1
OK,

Spoke to David Koch. I have met him before. He builds Porsche (and others) for a living. he has a long pedigree in racing.

Many of my bro's know him. He is NOT known for sculldugary or bad biz practices. And that is coming from some fellas I know VERY WELL.

In fact I think a couple of his engines smoked everybody at Cal speedway last weekend in one of the Porsche classes.

All I can tell you is the following. I am convinced that he is clean.

There is a legal issue pending on all of this. I can't say shit right now.

Stromberg has been contacted and told to pull the site.

I can't tell you anymore than that. I would simply fuck it up for others.

If any of you guys want to jump on the legal bandwagon for any legitimate and verifiable reason. PM me.

And Steve is reading this right now. believe it.

I need to shut up now. before i say something..............

Twystd1
G e o r g e
popcorn[1].gif
Twystd1
I can tell you the following. The Santa Ana street address is an unknown address. HHHHHHHmmmmmmmm (not for long)

Mr. Koch is not familiar with that address.

Strombergs uses a alias of "LEROY" on the net.

Also know as Leroy@hawaii.net

If any of you need to get a hold of Steve you can call him at his work.

I believe the name of the bussiness is "Golf Cart Depot" in Westminster California. Phone: (714) 962-7414.

Just in case you need to chat with Steve or his employer about buyimg a golf cart.

Maybe if we send Steve some bidness. He won't need to help us by selling parts to our friends.

Think about it.

Twystd1
Twystd1
A note of interest to any of you that care about this thread.

The gloves are off.

No need to protect anyone now.

Say what ya want.

Do what you feel need to do.

And I ain't quitting till this turd is not harming YOUR community.

Twystd1
Twystd1
I need some of you guys to cross link this thread at SAMBA, Pelican, german look and anywhere else that you can think of.

It's important.

Who is gunna step up?????

Cause i ain't a one man band.

Twystd1
JB 914
QUOTE(Twystd1 @ Sep 23 2006, 02:48 PM) *

I need some of you guys to cross link this thread at SAMBA, Pelican, german look and anywhere else that you can think of.

It's important.

Who is gunna step up?????

Cause i ain't a one man band.

Twystd1

I think rhodyguy is all over that already. I'll go to the bird board and post.
Twystd1
10/4

Twystd1
Twystd1
Man,
It's amazing how fast that web site disapeared.

And i have copies of all of it.

And so will the courts of this county.

Twystd1
rhodyguy
fuck the courts(for me). too slow(for me). i can't get the password to work for thesamba. links would cool. that one guy was on fire in the feedback section some time ago, big K? the 5-lug mag thread had me soiling myself. dstar from shoptalk is merciless. reminds me of the old nixon poster with the picture and "would you buy a used car from this guy?". insert the pooper and "golfcart".

Koch seems to offer the same durable items as the usual suspects and at what i considered relatively competitive prices. hopefully he is able to cut his losses. i'm sure this is not the weekend he planned on, but it could be a blessing.

leroy...too funny. the BIG kahuna. aloha. imstbss. affectionately yours.

k
Twystd1
rhodguy,

make it work.

It's important.

Regards and thanks.
Twystd1
G e o r g e
having missed stromberg.gif 's time here, but having read quite a few of the threads i no off his stromberg.gif ness.

that being said, does mr. koch have the parts that were on the web site, or is he just being played a fool as well?

beerchug.gif
Twystd1
He does NOT have the parts on the website.

I'm think he could probably source them.

Then again, there are better known places to source those parts.

I will be spending some time with Mr. Koch in the following weeks.

He is thinking of putting a Land&Sea dyno room together with a very good friend of mine. I had no idea that Mr.Koch knows several of my good friends. Man... it's a small world here in SoCal. I am on the periphery of high performance shops out here.
It is so amazing to me that every body "Knows of Everbody Else" Kinda kewl.

I am going to see if I can hang out and learn something.

or try to be of some help.

I will let you guys know more about his capacity's after i am clear what he can do.

I do know his engine's go fast. I know nothing about their longevity.

I'll let you know whazzz up at a later date.

Regards,
Twystd1
rhodyguy
well forget what i said about competitive prices then. a 2fer deal. screw steve and hook up with a potential dyno guy at the same time. haha. sounds like the 2 of you had developed some rapport.

someone else will have to do thesamba. believe me, it's not going to allow me in, and i'm not banned or anything. mr barnes will prob ask who ever posts there to substanciate the claims. have fun but be careful what you write.

you know who might be in for trouble with this deal if it shakes out the way it appears at this point.

k
Twystd1
PM me or call me with what your thinking.

T
TimT
Land&Sea dyno room

perhaps he should rethink his choice of dyno..

Twystd1
Tim,

I believe it's a DynOmite from the brief conversation I had with dyno owner.

A friend already owns it.

I am not sure they are gunna do this together. it's just interesting stuff to me.

The dyno is paid for by the way. Me thinks he is stuck with it. for the time being

Twystd1
Jake Raby
Clayton,
Tell Koch I'd like to speak with him... I have an idea.

BTW- My new dyno is a land and sea unit. Of all the units I had seen used it fit the needs the best. I didn't get the off the shelf unit, mine has been custom built.

I know 4 somewhat local shops that are running land and sea with excellent results... I have dynoed a 1400HP BBC on one of these units and was very impressed with the sample rates of the software and sensors as well as the fact that in 4 years they have had zero breakdowns with hardware or components- I cannot say that about my Stuska.

I'm keeping the Stuska as is in the ciurrent cell and am building a second cell to house the new dyno..

As far as Shithead is concerned- he is his own worst enemy, I welcome him back to the arena for another round in the steel cage- he won't win this one either. His opponent is as ruthless and cold hearted as they come.

What has been your experience, Tim??
Twystd1
Jake,

PM me the new phone number.

Old one no good.

C
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.