Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Hey bowlsby!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Eric Taylor
Where do you get the boot's for the injector connectors? Are the connector's still avaiable for purchase?
Eric
Brad Roberts
Ha ha.. now why in the world would he tell you ANY of that info ??

Just buy them from him.

B
Eric Taylor
Lol, Yeah, brad your right. I would LOVE to buy one of his harness but I'm to dam poor sad.gif
Eric
davep
Still, he could still sell you the boots and connectors you require.

Davep
Brad Roberts
That is what I meant. Just buy the parts from him. I'm a pretty smart guy.. when somebody ask's for little parts to an expensive solution... you must be cheap...LOL sorry.

B
Eric Taylor
Brad - Yeah, i'm cheap :)At least i'm honest with myself. I'm also not to sure how long I'm gona keep this engine in the car, so I don't wana dump a ton into it.
Eric
JeffBowlsby
Hi Eric,

I am sympathetic to your predicament and would like to help. I make harnesses and repair harnesses, but don't sell parts separately. I figure thats the only way I can serve you best and help keep you on the road. It would be all too easy to send you a few parts but that won't really solve the problem for long, it may actually create more headaches than it solves. You need a special crimper and wire terminal extractor to do the job correctly, and other special tools. Previous hacked repairs, corroded terminals, brittel wire insulation and internal shorts can only contribute to your headaches. If your harness is really messed up you need to know where each wire goes, as whole sections may need replacement. Most of these harnesses are so old and fragile and need a good going over or full replacement.

If the harness is in good shape, I would be happy to just install a few parts for free, for you, but I need to see the harness. My bet is that there are a multitude of other problems with the harness that you aren't aware of. If I send you parts and you become stranded for some other harness-related reason, then I haven't helped you...

If your harness is repairable, my repair charges are a fraction of a new harness cost and then you will be assured of a reliable harness. If its not worth repairing I will tell you straight. I just repaired Queenies ignition harness (for free) because it was good enough to be reliable, but her FI harness was a mess and she got a new replacement harness. No worries now!

I also happen to have current inventory on a couple of superbly excellent original 1.7L FI harnesses for 1/2 the cost of a new harness, so you have other options, than popping for a new harness. These harnesses have serviceable boots, are completely bench tested, repairs made if needed, fully cleaned and ready to go.

Let me know if I can help you.
Eric Taylor
Thanks jeff! You have a pm.
Eric
trojanhorsepower
I learned the hard way, tried to make my alt. harness. I spent good money on great wire but can't find the blade connector to go into the plastic connector. I will be ordering one form Bowlsy soon. Will wined up costing me twice as much as if I just bought from him to start with!!

Pete
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.