Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Pedrini Wheels- Original Appearance?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Originality and History
mjl1147
The Pedrini wheels on my '71 are looking a little worse for wear; but I don't know what an original one looked like. Where were they polished, and what parts were left dull? Anybody have a picture of a good one, and any ideas on cleaning them up?

Thanks,
Mike
Pat Garvey
They were never polished in any area. And, they don't polish well without hurting the intehrity of the wheel. Why polish anyway? Porsches of that era never has polished wheels.

They are soft, so if you want to refinish have them bead blasted & (I would suggest) have the anodized.
mjl1147
QUOTE(Pat Garvey @ Sep 22 2006, 04:47 PM) *

They were never polished in any area. And, they don't polish well without hurting the intehrity of the wheel. Why polish anyway? Porsches of that era never has polished wheels.

They are soft, so if you want to refinish have them bead blasted & (I would suggest) have the anodized.

Pat, Thanks. I really had no idea how they were supposed to look. Do you recommend a good wheel cleaner to get the grease and stuff that accumulates over the years off?
1970 Neun vierzehn
Mike,
I had to blow up the pic a bit, so I hope you can get some idea what the finish is supposed to look like. For want of a better description, I'd say the finish is "satin silver". To keep my wheels clean, I've had success using P21S wheel cleaner.
914runnow
QUOTE(mjl1147 @ Sep 22 2006, 03:09 PM) *

The Pedrini wheels on my '71 are looking a little worse for wear; but I don't know what an original one looked like. Where were they polished, and what parts were left dull? Anybody have a picture of a good one, and any ideas on cleaning them up?

Thanks,
Mike

They were 'painted' as the wheels were 'cast' and not forged as
the Fuchs..
My Powder coater said they can do cast wheels..
ALTHOUGH>> due to the porous nature of Pedrini's and Mahles
he told me you might get some small acne areas..
......So paint away..
I looked into my Pedrini's getting back to OEM spec....
Bout $175.00 per wheel.....
Through some of the 'Pano' adverts..
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.