Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: My new competition
914World.com > The 914 Forums > The Paddock
Joe Ricard
3rd gen RX-7 with an LS-6 motor in it. I am kicking myself in the ass too. I suggested he enter his car in XP cuz it was legal for the class.
http://www.dementedmotorsports.com/picture...d/autoxvid1.MOV

I lost by 0.9 second So I don't feel too bad. there was water in both corners. You know where I usually kick ass.

okieflyr
There are some very powerful V8 cars in XP, alot more than what I have....
So I'm going to concentrate on getting my susp dialed in so I can use all the power that I do have more effeciently. And work on the loose nut behind the wheel....

Kevin
grantsfo
That is a weight transfering pig of a car. Watch out if he ever gets a suspension under that monster.
J P Stein
The 3rd gen RX7 is a super handler. I saw a Vette motored unit down at Mather
field last year. Looked like a good fit.....and XP is also a good fit.
3rd gen prices are down to 10-15K for a stocker....the only kind I'd buy.
Dunno what the latest Vette motors are going for.....interesting. idea.gif
Joe Ricard
He said his suspension pieces arrived Saturday. It will be awhile before he really beats me I still got more stickier rubber.

This course is not the typical set up we run. this parking lot always seems to favor the HP cars. Get him in a course which has tight Chicago boxes and 60 ft slaloms and he is mine.

Where I can stay flat out he will have to back off.

No if Jake gets my parts to me soon The RX-LS6 ain't gonna have a chance no matter where we run.
914forme
Joe we have one of them that shows up here also. Must be a popular swap. Neat car but he had it just one day, and needs to sort it out big time, it was way fast in a straight line. That don't win an auto-x.
jhadler
Yeah,

I fully expect wild creatures like and much more to start showing up in XP.

XP is brand new, and people are just now starting to build for the rules. It'll be a couple years at least before the development starts to get even close to the limit of the rules...

XP is gonna be absurdly expensive to run up front at the National level...

-Josh2
Brett W
There is a fellow here in in town that claims to have pioneered that swap. Check out www.wrongmotor.com. Seen the cars here in town. Pretty cool.
Mike T
A 911 won XP at the SCCA Solo Nationals this week in Topeka, KS. David Newman. Very fast car. I'd like to take a look at his suspension...

Mike T
J P Stein

I think that's the same Dave I bought some wheels from over on the Pelican.
Either way, atta go, Dave
Joe Ricard
Yea No shit Porsche took XP That is so cool.
Next year it's going to be a 914.
Brett W
Make it happen Joe.
Joe Ricard
Uh yea All by myself. I don't think I can match the Cubic dollars of the competition. Josh can tell you that prepping a car for National level competition is a whole year long process.
Hence why I have kicked over the money bucket and started my new Engine. Then there is the "steering nut" no less than 1 event a month preferrably 2 events one longhigh speed one short tight and quick.
at least 3 sets of tires and a rain set. add 2 National tour events. to get my head screwed on tight.
Brett W
If everyone could do it would it be worth doing? NOPE.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.