Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Removing the rear engine lid pull
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
boxsterfan
OK, so now I have the passenger seat out and the entire backpad is ready to come out.

How does the pull handle that opens the engine lid come off? Trying to be careful not to break anything...
Andyrew
The nob? I think it just screws off..

Andrew
MarkV
The knob un-screws. Righty tighty lefty loosy laugh.gif
double-a
the outer flared knob (what you pull on) simply screws onto the shaft; you'll want to unscrew this. next, you'll want to get a pair of fine-point (needle-nose) pliers to unscrew the other piece, kind of a grommet of sorts that fits into the hole in the back pad and screws into the firewall somewhere. the back pad won't come off unless you unscrew this piece also. you'll see what i mean when you get that first knob off, there are two holes in that piece for the tips of the pliers. careful with the plastic, tho.

i think this is right. if not, i'm a newbie and don't know anything. laugh.gif
si2t3m
Double-a is right!

Just took the backpad out a couple of hours ago when storing the car sad.gif

Marc-André
boxsterfan
Ok, I'll give that a whirl. I did get the "pull knob" off, but need to get this "bushing" piece out.

My teener has a litle more rust than expected.... sad.gif
Porsche Rescue
A little too late for me! Twice in the last month I have released the wire at the latch and pulled the whole cable out of the housing. I won't do it that way next time!
TheCabinetmaker
DoubleA nailed it!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.