Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Cost to Have Starter Rebuilt?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
vesnyder
Looks like my starter went kaput and was wondering what I might have to pay to have it rebuilt?
Allan
From what I've seen it's more economical to buy a rebuilt unit from GPR than buy a new one unless you are looking for the high torque unit on e-bay.

From what I've heard, it's a good unit...

Like this!!!!
Mueller
I might have another starter in my stash of "stuff"...if I do, I can send it to you...just pay shipping....

the other 2 that I had in the classifieds are spoken for (packaged, just need to drop them off)
TravisNeff
FWIW there are no more "new" starters for our cars, they are all rebuilt units. I am sure that it would be more economical to pickup a rebuilt unit from one of the vendors over having your own starter rebuilt.
Mueller
QUOTE(Travis Neff @ Sep 22 2006, 09:41 PM) *

FWIW there are no more "new" starters for our cars, they are all rebuilt units. I am sure that it would be more economical to pickup a rebuilt unit from one of the vendors over having your own starter rebuilt.

for new, you can pickup one of those fancy lightwieght high torque jobbers, i paid just a tad bit over $100 for mine
TravisNeff
Nice buy! Not too long ago, at least with the usual suspects those were 200+
StratPlayer
I had 3 914 starters....so I took them to a local rebuilder and asked him to check them out and refresh with what parts they needed.....I figurerd I'd then have a stash of starters when I needed them....this guy was a old skool rebuilder that had been is business for many years....I told him what I was doing (building a inventory)......so 4 days later I went and picked up my starters......Payed him $75 for the three.... he told me that two were very strong and one "would do"..... Now I had three "rebuilt starters" so when the starter went out on the V8 car I told the kid "put one of the rebuilt's in".....he did...all three...all three were crap and none worked.......what I got for $75 was about $1.99 worth of spray paint on the outside ......BTW he closed shop and moved on by the time I found out about the starters......

So...now back on topic....the ones on Ebay (insert link here) are worth the Pesos..

(not Stratplayer)
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.