Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: RRC 2006 Pics
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
ThinAir
Leaving Flagstgaff at about 6:30 this morning. I had Andy and Jason in my mirror for the whole trip.
ThinAir
Monument Valley. We hit light rain just before getting to Kayenta.
ThinAir
Getting close to Moab. Colors on the mountain, just like last year, but with snow this time!
ThinAir
Some of the first arrivals.
ThinAir
We've got 39 cars here. Great turnout!
ThinAir
Some of the cars seem to have split personalities.
ThinAir
It wouldn't be a 914 event without a clutch adjustment. Our friend Jeff from Texas gets the honor this time.
TravisNeff
Where's the big wrench? Oh wait, it's in my garage.. smilie_pokal.gif
ThinAir
Getting ready for the first drive
ThinAir
The view at Needles Overlook - snow on the mountains
SGB
man oh man! That looks great! Keep on posting those pics. beer.gif
have fun!
ThinAir
Puddles
ThinAir
Rain sheets. Pretty amazing to see it in person
ThinAir
Did I mention we had 39 cars here? Not everyone made the outing to Needles Overlook, but a great showing and a great time. Thanks to Russ for leading the trip!
ThinAir
Slits holding court while hold a bottle. Write your own caption for this conversation!
ThinAir
They made me take this picture! Something about a "914Club Salute" for all the folks who aren't here!?
dekman
So what's this.....our club's new "salute"???? finger.gif
seanery
Great Pics ERNIE!!!! clap56.gif
StratPlayer
QUOTE(ThinAir914 @ Sep 22 2006, 09:36 PM) *

Slits holding court while hold a bottle. Write your own caption for this conversation!

Who's that fat hairy guy from Canada drinking a coke?

(not Stratplayer)
boxstr
What is with the 914 and the british flag stripes?? The British field meet is next week.
effutuo101
Is Scott with the Martini car out there? Wonderful pictures! keep em coming.
Chirs
jim_hoyland
popcorn[1].gif
Great pics: keep 'em coming--Definately going next year !
rick 918-S
Great event! Hey Bruce! wavey.gif More pics please. What did you guys do with Mrs. K? Some let her out of the trunk.
effutuo101
icon_bump.gif
More pictures please.
smoke.gif
ThinAir
I was going to post these last night, but suddenly I couldn't get to the club anymore. I thought about going down to the parking lot and telling Andy that the site was down, but decided that might be a good thing to not do!

Here we are lining up for the Saturday run to Arches Nat'l Park
ThinAir
Arches has some of the most amazing rock formations anywhere. Great drive!
ThinAir
Great weather on Saturday. No rain, but the temps were a little cool when the sun went behind a cloud. But the clouds make for great pictures!
ThinAir
A very nice lineup, don't you think?
ThinAir
Toast in front of my near Balanced Rock
ThinAir
Lunch stop
ThinAir
Looking the other direction at lunch stop
ThinAir
Looking down from the "lunch perch"
ThinAir
4 cars went to Dead Horse Point State Park while others hiked to Delicate Arch. This is the view from Dead Horse.
ThinAir
Add your own caption!

In the parking lot after Saturday dinner. Yes, Howard was really singing and both he & Eric were playing. They are actually pretty good!
ThinAir
Sunday morning, headed South with the LaSal mountains in the mirror. Is it time for next year's event yet? I can hardly wait!!
StratPlayer
WTG Howard,,, sure glad I had the opportunity to meet you.... piratenanner.gif
ThinAir
Headed into Monument Valley. The back of Wild 6 was my view for most of the way home. Jason took at early this morning.

Mike Wills was running with us at first, but then took off, never to be seen again. He told us this would probably happen - some lame excuse was given about his engine running well only at idle or wide open so of course he had to go fast! I think it was just an excuse to drive fast with the new 6! biggrin.gif
ConeDodger
QUOTE(ThinAir914 @ Sep 24 2006, 02:53 PM) *

Add your own caption!

In the parking lot after Saturday dinner. Yes, Howard was really singing and both he & Eric were playing. They are actually pretty good!

My own caption? Ok...

All the witnesses said he was playing guitar just before he was found hugging the toilet... Must have been a nauseating song?

Eric... You having as much fun as last year?
Joe Bob
ADMIN NOTE:

YOUR ACCOUNT WAS ABOUT TO BE SUSPENDED DUE TO UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS...................

But we changed our minds....the guy posting was funnier than you were .....
ThinAir
That's it for my pics. What a GREAT weekend! Thanks to the Colorado & Utah gangs for putting together a wonderful event. If you didn't make it, start planning for next year - 3rd weekend in September!
MoveQik
QUOTE(ThinAir914 @ Sep 24 2006, 02:58 PM) *

Mike Wills was running with us at first, but then took off, never to be seen again. He told us this would probably happen - some lame excuse was given about his engine running well only at idle or wide open so of course he had to go fast! I think it was just an excuse to drive fast with the new 6! biggrin.gif

Back home safe. Made good time all the way down to just outside of Phoenix. Then traffic. While sitting in traffic I had the pleasure of getting pulled over by Highway Patrol. I figgerd it was because my tags were expired(not to worry, temporary permit is in the glove box) But NOOOOoooooOOOooo....she pulled my over for excessive smoke coming from the car. It appears I have a slight oil leak that lands on one of the headers. She gave me a fix-a-ticket and sent me on my way. thumb3d.gif
Flat VW
QUOTE(MW 914 @ Sep 24 2006, 03:05 PM) *

QUOTE(ThinAir914 @ Sep 24 2006, 02:58 PM) *

Back home safe. Made good time all the way down to just outside of Phoenix. Then traffic. While sitting in traffic I had the pleasure of getting pulled over by Highway Patrol. I figgerd it was because my tags were expired(not to worry, temporary permit is in the glove box) But NOOOOoooooOOOooo....she pulled my over for excessive smoke coming from the car. It appears I have a slight oil leak that lands on one of the headers. She gave me a fix-a-ticket and sent me on my way. thumb3d.gif

Was she cute?

John

thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpics.gif
ThinAir
QUOTE(Flat VW @ Sep 24 2006, 03:07 PM) *

Was she cute?

John

thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpics.gif

av-943.gif Good one, John! Hey, when did you and Laurie disappear? We looked around for you on Saturday after the drive but you were nowhere to be found. It was really good to see you and I'm glad you made it.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.