Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Mounting Rear Spoiler
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Spoke
I'm mounting a rear spoiler but would like to see other's mountings before I drill holes in the trunk lid.

Got any pics of your install? Anything to watch out for? Does anything like foam or rubber go between the vehicle and spoiler to buffer the paint? Any trouble with paint wearing off on the fenders where the edge of the spoiler ends?

Instructions say to mount it with 1/2 inch from the end of the trunk lid. Is this how yours is mounted?

The washers that came with the kit are too big to fit on the screws. Are these correct or for something else? The screws themselves seem a bit small in diameter.

Thanks,
Spoke
tracks914
I just took one of those off my resto project. What I would like to put on is one similar to the one on my 2000 Impala (with a brake light installed)Anyone have something like that one your car???
dekman
I like my roger sheridan version 6"....SS allen bolts. thumb3d.gif
Brando
I want one! ^^^
turboman808
QUOTE(dekman @ Sep 23 2006, 09:35 AM) *

I like my roger sheridan version 6"....SS allen bolts. thumb3d.gif

After seeing that I'm probably gonna get a fiberglass trunk and that wing. I was gonna get the one peice but the attachments look sweet. Where did you get that at, how much and is that the way you are supposed to attach it or did you do that yourself?
Andyrew
Mines on rivets.

IPB Image

IPB Image
db9146
Check out this:

[url=http://www.rennspd.com/P_Detail.asp?PID=359&Task=STD]

Dee
Spoke
That Rennspeed trunk lid + spoiler is sweeet. That's the difference between $350 and $39 that I paid for the spoiler.

Spoke
dekman
Roger will make any size...he feels a 6" is a good compromise between drag and downforce. ~$200.00 ea. Wing is best of course(no drag) but I don't want a "ricer" look. (http://www.ultimate914.com/MOTORSPORTS_WE/Sheridan_Motox.html) biggrin.gif
turboman808
QUOTE(dekman @ Sep 23 2006, 12:57 PM) *

Roger will make any size...he feels a 6" is a good compromise between drag and downforce. ~$200.00 ea. Wing is best of course(no drag) but I don't want a "ricer" look. (http://www.ultimate914.com/MOTORSPORTS_WE/Sheridan_Motox.html) biggrin.gif

Yeah I know a wing is much better but it is just gonna spoil the look of the car. 6inches is kinda tall. Maybe I can get a 4 inch or something.

Anyidea what kinda downforce ya get with it? Also if ya take the banana bumper off it has to reduce drag biggrin.gif

HeloMech
Spoke, where'd you get that one for $39?

I like the look of it. I'm not going fast in my car so the effect isn't needed... just the "oooh, I like it factor" smile.gif
Spoke
QUOTE(HeloMech @ Sep 23 2006, 06:17 PM) *

Spoke, where'd you get that one for $39?

I like the look of it. I'm not going fast in my car so the effect isn't needed... just the "oooh, I like it factor" smile.gif

I got it at Pelican on sale since the "E" was not formed correctly. They are listed as NLA on Pelican. I think AA carries them and surely other P-car aftermarket sites should have them.

Spoke
xitspd
Modified Roger Sheridan, molded to the composite rear deck lid.

Dan
Spoke
OK, nice to see the other spoilers. Keep 'em coming. I really like the Rennspeed trunk lid + spoiler. Those big spoilers are cool. Gives the car a real attitude.

Back to my delemma. How the hell do I mount this thing with the oversized washers? I would love to see the screw holes on spoilers like mine. What about those washers? Are they correct or where do they go???

Thanks,
Spoke

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.