Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Speaking of "Upfixing der Porsche"
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
smontanaro
Back in the good old days I used to have a series of publications put out by (I think PCA) called "Upfixing der Porsche" (or something similar). I think I had three volumes which together covered most/all tech articles from Pano that covered the 356. Was that series continued? Is there a volume I might scrounge around for that covers 914s (and early 911s - I have a /6)?

Thx,

Skip
flesburg
Yes, Virginia, there is a Santa Claus....

Are you a member of PCA? Up Fixin is a compilation of articles and tech help from the pages of Panorama.

You can buy back issues from PCA, and recently, for PCA members, they had a heck of a deal on all of the back issues remaining (free!). I got almost the whole set (missing 3)..

Go to www.pca.org....

This is not a pitch for PCA, but I think the value of the monthly magazine (Panorama) is greater than the cost of membership. JOIN today!
smontanaro
Thanks. Just now joined...
GeorgeRud
You'll find the Chicago Region is quite active, has an event just about every 2 weeks or so. The Up-Fixin series was a compilation of tech articles from the Panoramas, quite helpful.

Nowadays, these type of forums are more helpful and don't require huge publishing costs, so I think that's why the UpFixin series was discontinued (plus the fact that the new cars are basically unserviceable without the latest factory computer debugging and software). There seems to be very little tech info in Panorama anymore, or maybe I got tired of reading about the latest carbon fiber or alpaca covered trunk release handle that Porsche now seems to offer.

After 30 years in the PCA, it's a good organization but has definately changed to a different group than it was back in the early 70s. Hope to see you at one of the events (tech session coming up in another month or so, see the Chicago Region web site for information).
John
I got my set (free) the day after I saw it advertised as such in Pano several months ago. I posted a topic stating this back then. My set is only missing one volume. It was cheap to ship as well.

I do miss the tech articles from the 80's and 90's (I was too young in the 70's). I'm about to become a member myself (have been a "family member" for the past 19 years, but now that my parents are about to move out of my basement, I'll have to get my own subscription to Pano)
maf914
QUOTE(JOHNMAN @ Sep 25 2006, 08:23 AM) *

I'm about to become a member myself (have been a "family member" for the past 19 years, but now that my parents are about to move out of my basement, I'll have to get my own subscription to Pano)

You keep your parents in the basement? wacko.gif
John

You keep your parents in the basement?

Yes, they are about to buy a new house so they can move out. I know this usually works the other way around. They will just have to learn to live on their own.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.