Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: air injection pump belt doesn't turn
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
lilly4324
How Is the pully below secured? It Just sits and dosen't spin does the loss of that pump cause the motor to overheat
Mueller
Oakley???

you're not too far from me smile.gif

I'm in Antioch off of Hillcrest....

There is a pulley that attaches to the fan which turns the smog pump, good chance the pump is frozen....I think the adjustment is on the smog pump...
Mueller
oh yea, the pully on the fan has a rubber isolator to transmit the power, sometimes these can break...I might have an extra one and an extra smog pump...
Brando
What year car is it? You may not even need the pump or any other smog equipment.
BMITCHELL
His VIN starts 476. Thanks to the Gov he needs to smog it in Cali.
lilly4324
QUOTE(Mueller @ Sep 24 2006, 12:24 PM) *

oh yea, the pully on the fan has a rubber isolator to transmit the power, sometimes these can break...I might have an extra one and an extra smog pump...

lilly4324
QUOTE(Mueller @ Sep 24 2006, 12:24 PM) *

okay Bust does that loss maake it overheat and by the way it is a 76 2.0
Mueller
it should not cause it to overheat whether the smog pump is working or not...

with engine OFF, can you turn the smog pump over by hand? Is the belt still attached?

if want, give me a call

mike

fiveten, fourhundredeightyfour, eightysevenhundred smile.gif
Brando
Find a *<1975 Parts roller and do some parts swapping...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.