Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: its back!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
ziggy101
it was sitting for four years, and i picked it up for a grand. i thought it was cheap (price wise), and so did my parents. (im 15) I got it running the first day i had it. the timing was WAYY off, and the firing order was wrong.; fuel injectors were clogged, and needed replacement, so i replaced them. we finally had it running well enough to drive it to a shop, and had them redo the motor. valves needed adjustment, timing done, replaced the cylinders, new tie rods, new clutch, fun stuff. got it back, and this thing has so much power, i would have never thought that this could come in that tiny little four cylinder. i also installed my new Bursch exhaust. im happy with the power and overall speed on the carr. breaks loose if you touch the gas too hard. piratenanner.gif

ill try uploading pictures soon. paint is junk, but the interior is mint. (besides the broken interior light. good deal for a thousand bucks you think?
Joe Bob
Good on ya.....have a ripping good time....

The interior light is NLA....eBay sold one last week for $350....good luck.
ziggy101
QUOTE(mikez @ Sep 24 2006, 04:35 PM) *

Good on ya.....have a ripping good time....

The interior light is NLA....eBay sold one last week for $350....good luck.

they have the hella lights for 15 bucks at the shop near my house smile.gif
JPB
Peppy four packer!!!

beer.gif Lots a fun ahead bro!!
srthompson01
few things can't be made beautiful with time patience and buckets of money
grasshopper
Your 15? Or were you 15 when you got the car? As of now I am still the youngest member at 15... wink.gif Sounds like you have a great start. Dont listen to MikeZ, he is an idiot (Just kidding mike wink.gif ) Where are you located? You didn't tell us anything about RUST. Lets see some pics. thumb3d.gif
Joe Bob
Being funny and being an idjut are close relations.....
KaptKaos
The obligitory

thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpics.gif
ziggy101
QUOTE(grasshopper @ Sep 24 2006, 08:11 PM) *

Your 15? Or were you 15 when you got the car? As of now I am still the youngest member at 15... wink.gif Sounds like you have a great start. Dont listen to MikeZ, he is an idiot (Just kidding mike wink.gif ) Where are you located? You didn't tell us anything about RUST. Lets see some pics. thumb3d.gif

ya i am currently 15, but i am pissed because i dont even have my permit yet, so i cant drive it. however i was able to put a few tread marks down the street earlier. biggrin.gif

srry about the pics, my mom left the camera at work, so im trying to get it back. as soon as i get it, ill be taking some pictures. smile.gif

so i can sort of tell you guys a little, while pictures are waiting. I am in San Jose California, and the car is a california car, and has NO rust on it. that is one of the main reasons i bought it. it may have a few little rust spots, like under the battery tray, but that is about it. very solid car. it is original ORANGE but is going to be repainted soon. interior is beautiful, and has no rips or tears or anything. new bursch exhaust because the other one had holes. paint is crap, rear decklid majorly oxidizing, and has surface chips and rust. nothin a little sanding and repainting wont fix piratenanner.gif
messix
oh my god ! this is getting outta control! ohmy.gif

we're infecting the young'uns now! thumb3d.gif
grasshopper
QUOTE(ziggy101 @ Sep 24 2006, 09:00 PM) *

QUOTE(grasshopper @ Sep 24 2006, 08:11 PM) *

ya i am currently 15, but i am pissed because i dont even have my permit yet, so i cant drive it. however i was able to put a few tread marks down the street earlier. biggrin.gif

av-943.gif mueba.gif I just learned to do burnouts and doughnuts the other day. driving.gif (dont tell my dad) Not that I would ever do any of that stuff again... happy11.gif I did learn first hand that doing doughnuts will break you motor mounts though... so I dont want to do that. chairfall.gif I guess that now make YOU the youngest member here, because I turn 16 in two months, and then I get my license. Luckily I only have a wussy little 1.8 to get me in trouble. huh.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.