Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: stupid question
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
ziggy101
ok....oil.....how do you fill it? i now this sounds stupid, but i dont have the manual, and i dont want to fill the wrong thing with oil. i see that the OEL cap is right next to the dipstick, but in some pictures,i also see that people put a "no oil" sticker on it. i dunno if OEL is german for OIL, but i dont want to risk it. how do i fill it?
So.Cal.914
OEL =Oil Unscrew cap , pour oil in screw cap back on.
tod914
thats the spot..when you drain the oil from the bottom DO NOT OVER TIGHTEN the bolt!!! I believe its about 10lbs of torque. Performance Products sells the o-rings for the bolt. Get a Haynes manuel, worth its weight in gold. Car takes 4 quarts with a filter.
Allan
QUOTE(ziggy101 @ Sep 24 2006, 04:49 PM) *

i also see that people put a "no oil" sticker on it.

You are looking at the correct location. The no oil sticker or tape is used after work on the motor that requires the oil to be drained. It's just a reminder not to start the car before you put oil back in. wavey.gif
JPB
I was gonna say the same place it spews oil all over the top of the engine and down a spew pipe to the ground.

beer.gif She spews and often she does!
Pat Garvey
It IS NOT stupid. We all had to learn our 914's. The really smart thing to do was what you did - ask for help. That's why we're here. You'll need more & now you know where we are - 24 hours a day.

Amazing.......&Free!

Ain't we cool? Ain't we nuts?
GeorgeRud
It's also a good idea to put an Oil? sticker or card on the steering wheel where you'll see it before trying to start the car!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.