Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Torsion bars and rear springs
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
chris914
I know this question comes up a lot, but is there any rule of thumb or hard data on matching the torsion bars to rear coils springs for best performance?

I have 140lbs springs in the back. I was thinking of getting 180lbs.

What size torsion bars are good to keep everything balanced with both?

The cars only purpose is for autocross use.
DanT
QUOTE(chris914 @ Sep 25 2006, 01:02 AM) *

I know this question comes up a lot, but is there any rule of thumb or hard data on matching the torsion bars to rear coils springs for best performance?

With 180# rears, use 21mm front torsion bars with a 19 mm stock or adjustabel front sway bar. NO rear bar with this set up....If you have a rear bar with this combination you will get too much oversteer.

do you have Koni's or Bils?

chris914
QUOTE(Dan (Almaden Valley) @ Sep 25 2006, 08:07 AM) *

QUOTE(chris914 @ Sep 25 2006, 01:02 AM) *

With 180# rears, use 21mm front torsion bars with a 19 mm stock or adjustabel front sway bar. NO rear bar with this set up....If you have a rear bar with this combination you will get too much oversteer.

do you have Koni's or Bils?

Bils sport
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.