Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Great 'Freakin' job guys.
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Events Forum > Past Event Planning Threads
brant
I'll put a few details into this thread.
our expenses, etc. as a reference for next year.

It helped that our larger attendance created an economy of scale or bigger cushion for us.

I think the event was basically perfect.
there was a lot of talk at my dinner table about moving it closer to CA in the future, but I spoke with Eric who made some really good points about keeping it in an area that has adequate services for us too..

It was great
I had a blast.
my wife gets very sick of "car stuff" and she had a blast too.

I wanted to personally thank all of you.
each person worked their butt off.....

its a pleasure to know and hang out with each of you!

brant
brant
some reference numbers for next year

62 attendants (more than that for dinner)
dinner bill was 1406.25
bbq bill was 384. (next year if we do bbq, we can check with rest. menu)
sat. lunch was 680
arches fee was 320

prepaid 2007 event winners were:
(p.s. I have the $225, but don't mind giving it up one bit)
- Jeff Steele
- Ernie Devries
- Greg Silva

TROJANMAN
and how much of the registration money went to charity?
i know some was comingled, so you may want to state that for a reference point as well

How about Mesa Verde next year? Maybe a week earlier?
brant
good point greg.
I think the registration money left was actually 1370 or 1380 before John bumped it up to the 1500 mark.

I talked with a bunch of people about next year.
I heard very mixed feedback.

1 thing that was repeated over and over was to not move it any further from CA. I can respect that. I honestly don't know if mesa verde is closer or further from CA.

some of the feedback was to move it closer to CA. bryce canyon was mentioned/requested. I also spoke with eric about bryce and he pointed out that the services were just not going to be up to snuff in bryce. I personally have never been to bryce and know nothing.

I'm really completely flexible about location. I can also see the arguement of keeping it in moab too.

with the large attendance that we had, I see in hindsight that I over reacted about the attendance fee and we could reduce it back to the 65 number.....

regarding date.
this event isn't centered around me.
but I have to schedule the date around my racing schedule.

brant
TROJANMAN
i was only thinking about mesa verde, b/c i think it is about an hour or 2 closer to california, and it woud keep with a red rocks theme, but i couldbe wrong about the closer to california comment.

ok, i just mapquested cortez. it's identical in distance to moab from LA

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.