Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT: VPN/Firewall combo
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
dinomium
Hi,
I am looking to replace our anceint Intel VPN and our Cisco PIX firewalls this fall and thought I would ask what you have deployed recently?
I am leaning tword the Cisco ASA 5510 but I would like to compare it to a couple of others. The stats on the company are:
150 Users
30 full time remote users
4 offices, two main with IT staff, two branch without, all linked point to point with Cisco routers
We will be rolling out VOIP this fall as well...

thanks in advance
KaptKaos
QUOTE(dinomium @ Sep 25 2006, 11:07 AM) *

Hi,
I am looking to replace our anceint Intel VPN and our Cisco PIX firewalls this fall and thought I would ask what you have deployed recently?
I am leaning tword the Cisco ASA 5510 but I would like to compare it to a couple of others. The stats on the company are:
150 Users
30 full time remote users
4 offices, two main with IT staff, two branch without, all linked point to point with Cisco routers
We will be rolling out VOIP this fall as well...

thanks in advance

Depends on the type of VoIP solution. Will it be in-house or hosted externally? Which VoIP solution? Avaya, Cisco or ??? SIP or Skinny? Will the remote users need softphones or hard phones or none?
dinomium
Cisco VOIP and remote users are on thier own. NO TELEPHONY FOR YOU! Just network access for the remote kids, for now.
biggrin.gif
We will be using SIP trunks and will be hosted from our glamorous Butte MT NOC local!
KaptKaos
I would stick with Cisco since you are using CM. While it doesn't mean that you won't have problems, it does mean that you only have one place to go for answers. Also, are your WAN links connected via VPN? Will you be pushing VoIP over those links? If so, then Cisco for sure.
dinomium
Thanks, Joe
Our WAN traffic not going out over VPN today for any of our sites. All traffic is routed thru the NOC DMZ.
Our IP team is totaly Cisco shop all the way. So if we use something like a the ASAs then later I can add a more robust smtp gateway that has better spam and phishing filters and not be married to Cisco.
BTW, did they ever patch that Back Hat hole? I didn't see a resolution...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.