Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Throttle cable
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
WaideS
I am replacing my throttle cable and I have the floor board all taken apart. How do I get the new one strung?

Are there any tricks I should know to stringing the new one through?

Any assistance would be gretly appreciated

Waide
bd1308
take a screwdriver and pop off that little ball fitting thing

you should be good.
WaideS
Perfect got it off

Now any tricks to running the new one through?
john rogers
I imagine you removed the little plate on top of the tunnel at the front? I usually unhook the pedal from its rod and remove it just to have more room. Since I am getting sort of old, I use a buch of throw pillows on the floor, door sill and tunnel area to lay the belly on and it makes things much more comfortable. You can thread the new cable in as much as possible if you do not have a helper and pull it the rest of the way with needle nose pliers. Make sure to move the clutch pedal to verify the new throttle cable is not wrapped around it.
tod914
Easiest way.. although too late.. is to tape the new cable to the old one from the back firewall and then pull the old one through the pedal area. This will prevent it from being tangled around the clutch cable. Other wise just push it though.
IronHillRestorations
I always take off the inspection plate and use a inspection mirror (one of those little mirrors on an articulated stick) with a flashlight to make sure the cable is routed correctly. I have also tied a nylon string to the old cable and used that to pull the new cable. Either way it's a good idea to check and make sure it's not wrapped around the clutch cable or anything else.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.