Full Version: OT: What it looks like
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
StratPlayer
Well it was in the 80's here 2 days ago, this is what its doing right now
StratPlayer
wax up the skies
fiid
Ski season cometh :-)

Have to start work on that 4 wheel drive mod (not).

Fiid.
Hawktel
Yeah and I'm suppose to drive my 914 home from Lehi to Ogden tommorrow. You'd think it could wait 2 more days....

They salt the roads heavily here, so my frist task is going to be washing the underchassis. barf.gif
JWest
You've got to be kidding!

I just got back from a top-off lunch run - it's 80 and sunny here. ph34r.gif
Brad Roberts
I'm soooo happy I got thru SLC and Wyo without snow. Pulling the trailer in the snow can be fun. The weather was perfect last Wed. when I blasted thru.

I'm really surprised SLC uses salt on the roads.. (NOT)

B
SirAndy
QUOTE(StratPlayer @ Oct 30 2003, 09:49 AM)

god, this makes me homesick.
i miss the snow. really, i do ... sad.gif

Andy
echocanyons
Now I'm gettin homesick.

I was born and raised in SLC and moved from SLC to CC, TX in May or June of this year.

I still have lots of family there but I havent had a chance to visit yet.

On the flip side its 76 and sunny here today and I dont ever have to worry about salty roads or snow if I dont wanna

thanks for the pictures!
fiid
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Oct 30 2003, 11:16 AM)
QUOTE(StratPlayer @ Oct 30 2003, 09:49 AM)

god, this makes me homesick.
i miss the snow. really, i do ... sad.gif

Andy

WE have snow - you just have to drive to it when you want it. Do you ski?

Fiid.
Joe Ricard
one more reason to wait till spring. I nearly forgot SNOW + SALT = RUST BAAADDDD for 914.

I had a 74 Chevy Impala back in Milwaukee the rust holes in the fenders were soooo Big!!!! You could stick your head in em.
SirAndy
QUOTE(fiid @ Oct 30 2003, 01:06 PM)
Do you ski?

i suck at skiing (sp?) but i like snow-boarding.
fiid
Rock!

We should do a 914club ski/board trip!!

I have another flat 4 powered vehicle that's great for tahoe runs :-)

Maybe we could get a run of boards with the 914club logo on the bottom LOL

Fiid.
Jenny
Sounds great. Brian's been meaning to go up to the snow. He and you can do ice ballet with your WRX's in a parking lot. driving.gif

Jen
SirAndy
QUOTE(fiid @ Oct 30 2003, 01:54 PM)
Maybe we could get a run of boards with the 914club logo on the bottom LOL

haha, yeah. people will see the underside more often anyways ... laugh.gif

Andy
Bruce Allert
SNOW barf.gif NortDakota ruined me sad.gif
bruce
GWN7
We had a touch of that shitty white crap on Monday. Just enough to make driving on the highways hell. Only 2 people died because of it. Mostly all melted now, but the weather people keep saying "More coming"

Note: pictures of Palms trees, cute girls and 914's are going to be needed sooner than I figured.

Bruce Allert...there's talk of changing North Dakota's name....To Dakota...so that it sounds warmer.

I think they should change it to North Florida. laugh.gif
Bruce Allert
They've been throwin that around for many a year... I think it's get too confusing since most people think Mt Rushmore is in NortDakota instead of south no one would know where to go to see it blink.gif
Hmmmm... that was a hard one for me to follow. Guess I ate too much icon8.gif
bruce beer.gif
Hawktel
Sure everyone common over. We can hit one of the Olympic venues for skiing, Park City for Shopping, SLC to look at the pretty buildings, and .....

Well thats about it.

Wait till summer and we can see who's car has got the balls to join the 130+ club out on the Salt Flats though.... No twisties involved, but we can come back, and I got a couple canyon runs that have possibilites... I'm sure Jim can think of a few others. lol3.gif
GWN7
Here's another post that has little to do with the original topic. Inuvik, way up in the North West Territories had a poll to see if everyone was happy with the name (another way to spend tax $$).

First choice that came back was Inuvik, second choice was BOB. I guess it just means that no matter how cold it gets, you still can laugh. laugh.gif
fiid
QUOTE(Hawktel @ Oct 30 2003, 09:47 PM)
Sure everyone common over. We can hit one of the Olympic venues for skiing, Park City for Shopping, SLC to look at the pretty buildings, and .....

Well thats about it.

Wait till summer and we can see who's car has got the balls to join the 130+ club out on the Salt Flats though.... No twisties involved, but we can come back, and I got a couple canyon runs that have possibilites... I'm sure Jim can think of a few others. lol3.gif

I'll be there in January for Sundance. We should meet up for a beer!

Isn't there an event in Eastern Nevada where the cops open 80 up for unlimited speed racing for like 100 miles or something?? Perhaps we could do that next year... I should have my twin turbo by then :-)

Fiid.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.