Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Hey Denver folks
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
MoveQik
My wife will be there for a conference for few days. She is staying at the Denver Marriott West. Any good places to eat & drink around there?
Ferg
I don't get to Denver very often, even though it's 32 miles away... so not quite sure where her Hotel is.
Anyhow, most resturants are down on the 16th St Walking Mall, Greg will have a better Idea.

Ferg
SharonG
Mike, if it's the Marriott in Golden, CO, it's near Colorado Mills mall. I like the Yard House which is right off the mall. They have a LOT of different beers on tap. Mmmmm... beeeeer. beer3.gif (and good food in my opinion) If she feels like some company I'd love to meet her for a beer or whatever if schedules can be coordinated.
TROJANMAN
all of the fun stuff is downtown
there is a place in lakewood that is pretty cool called BEL MAR
it is a strip of restaurants and shopping that would be on the west side of town.
when will she be here? i'll come meet her for a drink

Gint
Oh I *HAVE* to meet Mrs. Wills.
MoveQik
QUOTE(SharonG @ Sep 26 2006, 07:33 AM) *

Mike, if it's the Marriott in Golden, CO, it's near Colorado Mills mall. I like the Yard House which is right off the mall. They have a LOT of different beers on tap. Mmmmm... beeeeer. beer3.gif (and good food in my opinion) If she feels like some company I'd love to meet her for a beer or whatever if schedules can be coordinated.

Sharon,

Thanks for the offer but she is going with seven other gals. That being said...she isn't thrilled with the group and I know she would have more fun with you. biggrin.gif
MoveQik
QUOTE(Gint @ Sep 26 2006, 07:48 AM) *

I know, out of morbid curiosity you have to wonder what kind of person would marry me. screwy.gif
Gint
QUOTE(MW 914 @ Sep 26 2006, 08:50 AM) *

QUOTE(Gint @ Sep 26 2006, 07:48 AM) *

I know, out of morbid curiosity you have to wonder what kind of person would marry me. screwy.gif

Exactly... wacko.gif
alpha434
if you google the topic, there is a local association that lists and rates every restuarant, bar, poolhouse, bath house, and porta potty in the denver metro area. It's a *big deal* if your place is on the top 100. That being said, My favorite place to eat is Rancines, but that's a good distance from the Marriott West.

What kind of food does she like?
SharonG
QUOTE(MW 914 @ Sep 26 2006, 08:48 AM) *
QUOTE(SharonG @ Sep 26 2006, 07:33 AM) *
Sharon,

Thanks for the offer but she is going with seven other gals. That being said...she isn't thrilled with the group and I know she would have more fun with you. biggrin.gif

Tell her to feel free to use us to get away from her work group if she wants to. Meeting a bunch of strangers is always super fun! biggrin.gif
WaideS
I don't know if you want to meet KW (Kathy Wills) after a she's been out with 7 gals having a few drinks. We call her the "Sailor"......she drinks twice as much as Mike, she smokes like a chimney, swears at the bar help and sometimes chews (tobacco), which causes her to spit......All of which is really quite attractive.

She makes a great dinner date
TROJANMAN
QUOTE(alpha434 @ Sep 26 2006, 06:56 AM) *

That being said, My favorite place to eat is Rancines, but that's a good distance from the Marriott West.

I am sure you meant to say Racines, which is often pronounced Gaycines

My buddy is a manager over there, food is decent, but not out of this world
atmosphere is fun

Mike, morbid curiosity has me intrigued to meet her too
seanery
When are you there Mike?

I'll be there Monday for 2 weeks. I'm not sure where we are staying but we'll be working at the Denver Coliseum.
Ferg
Don't know which Mike your talking to, but both Gint and I are North of town. Gint's in Thorton, and I'm in Erie.

Ferg drunk.gif
Gint
QUOTE(WaideS @ Sep 26 2006, 09:22 AM) *

I don't know if you want to meet KW (Kathy Wills) after a she's been out with 7 gals having a few drinks. We call her the "Sailor"......she drinks twice as much as Mike, she smokes like a chimney, swears at the bar help and sometimes chews (tobacco), which causes her to spit......All of which is really quite attractive.

Sounds eerily familiar.... drunk.gif wub.gif

QUOTE(Moron Sean)

When are you there Mike?
I'll be there Monday for 2 weeks. I'm not sure where we are staying but we'll be working at the Denver Coliseum.

Hey Sean! Let us know when you'll be in town. The Coliseum is only about 10 miles (if that) due south of my house. My cell is 720-480-2540
alpha434
Racines...I like the fish tacos. And some of the salads. Now my favorite sandwich shop is The Walnut Room, which also sells decent pizza and has a bar/ concert venue. Very nice, I recommend the roast beef sandwich. Lettuce, tomatoes, roast beef, and horseraddish sauce on a hoagie bun. Served with a side of plain potato chips and a complimentary Pabst blue ribbon (or a soft drink if you're underage like me.) Ye--ah!
MoveQik
QUOTE(WaideS @ Sep 26 2006, 08:22 AM) *

I'll forward this to her. I'm sure she'll have something to say about it when we come over to your place on Sunday. biggrin.gif
TROJANMAN
Larimer Square (16th and Larimer) a few clubs and some trendy restaurants

or for some phenomenal pizza - try the Wazee Supper Club
on the corner of 15th and Wazee

Jax has the best Calamari in Town
Dixons is a cool hang out and is owned by the same people as Gaycines
Gumbos for Cajun
McCormicks for Seafood
Morton's or Sullivan's for Steak
Willie G's is pretty decent
The Palm (located in the Westin)
Palominos
Il Fornaio
PF Changs
The Rio (for margaritas)
Lots of choices, and all of these are downtown

Hey Sean,
I'll bring my daughter to see you at the Circus.
What does your costume look like? biggrin.gif
Seriously, What's a good night to come the circus?
MoveQik
thumb3d.gif Thanks Greg. I sent the list to my wife.
SharonG
QUOTE(Gint @ Sep 26 2006, 11:29 AM) *
QUOTE(WaideS @ Sep 26 2006, 09:22 AM) *

Sounds eerily familiar.... drunk.gif wub.gif

Do I resemble that remark?!?! biggrin.gif
Of COURSE not! I would NEVER swear at bar help - they're the nice people that keep bringing me beer. drunk.gif
seanery
Opening night usually has 1/2 price tickets. Not sure if it's that way in every city, but that's the word I've heard.

Ringling.com has the schedule and ticket info. It looks like we'll have 2 full days off - Monday & Tuesday 2 weeks from today.

I'll see if I can give you the backstage tour - I'll ask the producer if it's ok.

QUOTE(TROJANMAN @ Sep 26 2006, 03:24 PM) *

Larimer Square (16th and Larimer) a few clubs and some trendy restaurants

or for some phenomenal pizza - try the Wazee Supper Club
on the corner of 15th and Wazee

Jax has the best Calamari in Town
Dixons is a cool hang out and is owned by the same people as Gaycines
Gumbos for Cajun
McCormicks for Seafood
Morton's or Sullivan's for Steak
Willie G's is pretty decent
The Palm (located in the Westin)
Palominos
Il Fornaio
PF Changs
The Rio (for margaritas)
Lots of choices, and all of these are downtown

Hey Sean,
I'll bring my daughter to see you at the Circus.
What does your costume look like? biggrin.gif
Seriously, What's a good night to come the circus?

TROJANMAN
please keep me informed about backstage. my daughter would love that. maybe ferg could bring his son as well.
and let us know if you want a stay away from a hotel and a home cooked meal.
effutuo101
Gumbo's has my vote. They have a two day process to make their cheese cake. It is wonderful.
Boojum
Denver Mariot West, eh? That's my side of town, and the wrong side of the tracks. Kidding. This is up by NREL, Colorado Mills shopping mall, etc. It's a good 10-12 miles from Downtown Denver, so I don't know how conveniant eating down there will be.

One notable resturant real close to that hotel there is Tafolinos on 20th and Youngfield, it's literally a couple left turns away. It's a good Mexican restaurant. They have the best green chile in the area. Then there's Woody's Woodfired Pizza up in Golden, good place for pizza and beer. If they're looking fine dining, The Briarwood Inn is definitely worth a stop, Golden Hotel and Table Mountian Inn are also good for good eats as well.

And if they're fans of Danny Glover, moutian driving, and good Mexican food, there's The Wondervu Cafe, though it's been a year or so since I was last up there. They serve up stuffed and smothered burritos that are as big as your head, and margaritas the same size also.

They could eat out every day for a month and not run out of good restaurants in the area.

edit: was going to add that Foss Drug is a good place for lunch if they get the chance to explore Golden, but I think they have since converted the cafe into a yoga studio confused24.gif I used to go there for breakfast all the time. It's a fun place to stop, anyway.
byndbad914
QUOTE(TROJANMAN @ Sep 26 2006, 12:24 PM) *

The Rio (for margaritas)

agree.gif flew out there last year (maybe it was the year before) and my friend picked me up. We went to the races downtown, then wandered over to the Rio and we basically stumbled out drunk.gif

Another trip involved Woody's Wood Fired Pizza in Golden mentioned by boojum, that place was cool too. Again, pizza and plenty-o-beer. And if she orders a beer, tell her she must order Bud Light biggrin.gif alfred.gif Golden favorite. laugh.gif

edit - when I land in Denver, the first place I have to go is Illegal Pete's. There is one in downtown Denver now too. Man I love that place. Wife probably couldn't care less tho' but I do dig that place. More fun when it was a small spot in Boulder and the owner was behind the counter. I ate there almost everyday for a week straight the first time my friend took me there wink.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.