Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Just Installed Hi-Torque Starter
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
vesnyder
Just purchased one the Nippondenso hi-torque starters from eBay for $125 shipped - and get this, I closed the auction on Sat and paid immediately and it was at my door step on Mon morning! From CA to OH in 48 hr.s over a weekend - now that is customer service!! Anyway, took me all of 15 minutes to install, fixed the issue I was having (was not 100% convinced it was the starter) and works great. The starting sound will take a while to get used to (can't see putting one on the 911?), saved a couple pounds and the car starts much faster than before - how cool is that?
URY914
Everyone should do this upgrade.
Trevorg7
I put the same one in last winter; solved my intermittent starting problem too. The sound is unique but I don't notice it any longer.

T
smooth_eddy
The mini starter was the end of all my no hot start problems. clap56.gif It was well worth the cash. You won't notice the different sound after a while. Eddy
JPB
I gots to get me one of them! My car starts great when its cold but once warmed up, its like the compresion is higher and turns slower or the started is hot and it turns over like its drawing 1000amps like the brushes are shot.

beer.gif Just on my mind today.
ThinAir
QUOTE(vesnyder @ Sep 26 2006, 07:49 AM) *

Just purchased one the Nippondenso hi-torque starters from eBay for $125 shipped

Can you provide a link to the eBay store for this? I need one and a search on eBay doesn't seem to come up with anything!
turboman808
I put one in last month. Works really well.

I'm just happy with how fast it cranks the motor over.
Dr. Roger
i think i got mine from Ebay user "vertexauto". Good guy to do business with...
Excellent service.

clap56.gif
VaccaRabite
I got one of these, but have not installed it yet.

Its on a shelf with all the other to-be-installed parts.

Zach
ottox914
I picked one of these up last x-mas, with an ebay coupon for addl $$$ off. It sat over the winter, got it installed mid summer. After a month it took a crap. Emailed the seller, he had me send it back, and a new one was sent asap to my door. I'm running a super small oddessy battery, that had a very slow crank with the OEM starter, but this new little starter spins over like nothing with the 680 battery. If you are running a super light battery, this starter is a must. No problems with the replacement starter for the last several months. Count me as a satisfied customer.
URY914
I got mine from Serrano's on thesamba.com.

They serve the VW crowd and did me right.
URY914
They don't call it mini for nutin"

ThinAir
Can someone supply links to these eBay vendors? Even an old auction would do. Then I'd at least know for sure who you were happy with. vertexauto doesn't return any results excerpt paintball guns and I can't seem to find anything that matches the original post.
ThinAir
Has anyone done business with hiperformanceusa? (aka HI PERFORMANCE OF AMERICA)
Lavanaut
Anyone care to describe the sound? Just curious is all. cool.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.